• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

WWII ID + Models Vol II

Started by lastvautour, April 20, 2011, 07:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thank you. I had to revisit the scheme again and I am now ready for the gloss coat prior to placing the decals. They have been printed and coated.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 17 May 2018. Which incidentally is my 51th anniversary of joining the Royal Canadian Air Force. The colour variance brings out the canopy lines that a normal picture cannot.

Lou

lastvautour

Started a Mitsubishi Type 00 with the intent of finishing it for the 2018 poster. More commonly known as the Zeke or Zero, my version will be the same as the WWII ID plans in the gallery that appears to be a model 21. The colour scheme has been selected as a trainer type with features a black engine cowling and an orange fuselage and wings.

Lou

Boomerang

Look forward to the finished model.

Cheers

Gordon

buccfan

Glad to see your spark has reignited. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I would call it an ember for now.

Lou

Boomerang

Maybe an ember. You have tweaked my interest. I'm looking around for a plan I know I have of the Type 96 Claude.

In the event of an unsuccessful search I'll go with the ID plan.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

lastvautour

Boomerang

Thanks Lou,

I didn't think of the richard ferriere site. I've downloaded them.

See how I go for time.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Waiting for primer coats to proceed wit sanding. I added main wing filets which are not listed in SSM gallery plans.

Lou

Boomerang

Looks great. Good progress.

Cheers

Gordon

buccfan

Looking good Lou, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

That you Gordon and Paul.

Lou

lastvautour

Dressed up in prototype colours as displayed in Wings Palette. With exception of the one piece wing, the models is as per the Gallery WWII ID model. Decals are spares box, paints are Model Master black and DecoArt pumpkin.

Lou