• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2017 COOK UP - PROFILE

Started by lastvautour, September 07, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggles

Lou it is a foam flying RC model, I don't know the scale but a 30cm WS.

Great builds chaps!
John 15:13

lastvautour

lastvautour

Ken, I have about 400 sq ft of display area in my basement. I measured that I have approx 37 sq ft of glass shelving, 142 sq ft of white laminated shelving and 8 sq ft of recycled cabinets for a total of 187 sq ft of display shelve space. I also have a few models spread out throughout the house.

Lou

Biggles

Yes lou, foam costs me $2 for a meter square so its cheap! I mostly build flying models these days, but I still do the odd solid now and again.
John 15:13

lastvautour

Larry has provided a photo of his nice P-40 Profile Plane.

Lou
For Larry aka Flying T

Oceaneer99

I ran across some profile scale models of Sneider Cup planes on a Czech blog.  I haven't been able to find other details.

http://lecontainer.blogspot.com/2013/09/sneider-cup-by-okolo-dav.html

lastvautour

I posted a comment on their site and await a response. Pretty nifty models.

Lou

Boomerang

I like the look of these.

Gordon

lastvautour

One more Profile aircraft in a Grumman Cougar from China Lake.

Lou

lastvautour

Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star is assembled and await final sanding and paint. I try to select colourful airplane for these "Profile Planes". As per usual, the fuselage profile is 1/72 scale.

Lou

lastvautour

Republic F-84 is in the paint shop for the metallic silver application.

Lou

lastvautour

Both of the previous profiles had too much grain showing through, so some wood filler and many coats of primer were used to bring them to an acceptable level. An FJ-4 was added to the group.

Lou

lastvautour

Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star rollout 7 Feb 23. This make a total of ten in my collection.

Lou

lastvautour

Republic F-84 Thunderjet tales flight 08 Feb 2023. This makes eleven profile planes to date. Just one more to go in this batch.

Lou

lastvautour

This comprises the fourth Profile plane from the latest batch started Dec 2022. This Marine North American FJ-4 Fury took a bit longer as COVID decided to visit both me and my misses.

Lou