• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Canopies, cockpits, cabins

Started by Rafael, August 05, 2017, 07:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

Wow! Time really flies.! Haven't posted since November 2008. Since then, much water has passed under my bridge, so to say.

Long story short, I lost my place, almost all my collection and of course, my man-cave. I am recovering now, and expect to be in shape to start modeling something sometime ahead this year. That my country is falling apart doesn't help much, but, hey, I've been through worse before, and came back alive.

I would like to know how to carve and make the (solid) canopies in helicopters, airliners, etc, since I am already familiar with those in single-seat aircraft. But the ones in other kinds of birds puzzle me. I've been searching here and in the Galleries and didn't find anything, except an online version of "Pin Points do the Trick". Any other pointers, tutorials, publications  or help in the matter, please.

Saludos,
Rafa.

lastvautour

I am elated at having you back safe and well.

What particular aircraft were you looking at?
My helos cockpits don't always turn out well.

I just posted your Convair Charger build to Facebook yesterday in an attempt to show that even a novice can outdo the teacher. Your Charger is an excellent example. I am trying to increase our member and Facebook seems to be the way people communicate these days.

Happy to see you back.

Lou

Rafael

Thank you, Lou.
Good to see you, too. I also found your FB page yesterday and put a big like on it. Thank you for the Charger post, I'll go see it later. Brigs back memories. It's still alive and well in my boxes of stuff that wait to be unpacked.

Well, I was thinking on several subjects. I want to make an airliner, maybe a small one like a Canadair/Bombardier 600.

After that, a Catalina, Sunderland, a USCG Dauphin and a Sikorsky X2 Family (Raider, Defiant and Attack Chopper).

The cockpit windows in the civilian ones are the ones that I find more attractive as well as those of the helicopters, or any greenhouse type cockpit

lastvautour

I have visitors for a few weeks and will be spending time with them. After they go I will make a tutorial on cockpits and windscreens . I am currently having problems with the canopy on two Spitfire Mk XVII. If you are going to do something with me, we can post it to your personal project board.

Lou

Rafael

Thank you!.

I don't know If I'll be able to start something, because of space constraints, but a tutorial on the subject will be great!

I'll be lurking in the site and galleries too, looking for inspiration. I'ts been almost 8 years, and I must be rusty. Time to get my modeling-fu back into shape.

Saludos!