• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Photo linking - photobucket

Started by lastvautour, July 16, 2017, 12:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   07/01/2017

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal...

A number of members use photobucket as a storage medium. I suggest that members upload their pictures to some other site or better still, the gallery.

Lou

rocketpilot

Hi Lou,  Thanks for the information on PhotoBucket.

R.F.Bennett

Unfortunately this has happened before, when MSN Groups was shut down and we lost the old posts and many images. It also happened to Yahoo Groups and others. This is why when THIS site was set up I added the gallery. I gave up long ago trying to ask that it be used by the members, but I had a good reason. Don't take this as an "I told you so" just consider it a warning. Those big hosting sites don't care about your models, your research, your images. This little one does. . .
Thank you Lou

XRay
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Thank you Ray for setting up the gallery. Now we need to go back and download our photos and videos and reload to the gallery. A lengthy process I assume!!

Thanks again Ray.

Lou

lastvautour

I just found out some good news and bad news. I have no linked photos but all my video were linked. I am slowly downloading my videos as they must have been delete in the PC crash of 2011.

Lou

buccfan

I have just gone through all my posts, and I have 137 images in various post to change over after uploading them to the SMM Gallery. I will do this as soon as possible but accept my apologies for any gaps that appear before I have chance to do the changeover. Regards Paul J. ps I will do them a few at a time so as not to blanket cover the recent upload page with my pictures.

R.F.Bennett

Let us know if the gallery tells you that you are out of space, Each member's account has to be tweaked by us if more space is needed. Having a limit on the gallery space is a legacy of the service we had before we started paying for the hosting. Anyone needing more space simply ask by Emailing me at; Administrator@solidmodelmemories.net
Then give me a few days. . .   :o
XRay
"The Dude Abides"

buccfan

lastvautour

R.F.Bennett

File limit is off Paul. . .
XRay
"The Dude Abides"

buccfan

Thank you Ray, much obliged. Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Changeover from Photobucket now complete, apologies for taking up the recent posts in the gallery with my uploads. Regards Paul J.

johnnytodd

I've always been a little late to the game but I just discovered that I can use my SMM gallery as a third party photo host  -> linking the photos here to posts on other forums.  Is this ok?   John

R.F.Bennett

Sorry I missed your post John, this is fine as long as the images you place in the gallery are appropriate to the gallery.
XRay  :o 
"The Dude Abides"