• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Hurricane Arthur

Started by lastvautour, July 07, 2014, 06:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Post tropical storm my butt. Arthur blew through with wind gusts at 139 km. No damage to the house but a messy clean up of broken branches and leaves a plenty. Local area had a few large trees uprooted and power has been out since Sat PM and may not be back before late Tue evening. I am operating off my generator. The land phones, internet and cable have just returned after being out for 36 some hours. No mention of any people being harmed in eastern Canada as a result.

The worst thing is that my workshop is not wired for the generator.

Lou

buccfan

Glad to hear you had no damage Lou, also that nobody was hurt, cleaning up is a pain though. I presume a generator is a must have in your area, would you need a bigger generator to include your workshop? or could you wire it in? regards Paul J.

lastvautour

The generator would have the capacity, however the misses enjoys my company during bad weather.

Lou

cliff strachan

Good Luck, Lou. But what is a Tropical Storm? Out here we just have floods! Now I've exchanged a basement suite - because I've always been afraid of fires -  for something on the seventh floor. Believe me, while I haven't been here a year as a result of the heavy rains we've been having the fire alarms went off! Got to go now because it looks like . . . . you guessed it -rain.
Cliff.