• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

F 16I Toon.

Started by buccfan, February 01, 2021, 10:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Started a new build before the Herk is done as they both have the same paint scheme, parts made and ready for assembly and filling.Prifile started with a modified Pat Cherry drawing, an excellent place for inspiration. Using some Basswood pieces I bought a while ago. More pics as job progresses. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Excellent start to your F-16I. The piece just slip together.

LOu

buccfan

Thanks Lou, regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Excellent work Paul. Looking forward to more progress shots.

Cheers

Gordon

buccfan

Thank you Gordon. Regards Paul J.

buccfan

A bit more progress, main body glued filled and sanded, in hand with missiles and tanks. Hope to get some primer on if I can get my workshop warm enough, but they are forcasting snow for this weekend. Regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Looking Great Paul.

No snow here just continuous rain forecast which is better than 35-40 C

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Love how you hollowed out the intake. The exhaust is another masterpiece in wood.

Lou

buccfan

Thank you Lou, I wasn't sure whether to hollow it out in case I made a mess and had to start again. Same with the tailpipe. Regards Paul J.

Gearup

The lower fuselage and inlet flow very nicely.
Fraser

buccfan

Thank you Fraser, regards Paul J.

buccfan

Just a small update, missiles and pylons in hand, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Love your selection of ordinance especially the GBU-12s.

Lou

buccfan

Thank you Lou, I need to get the mainplane primered when it's a bit milder then I can start the camo paint job marathon, regards Paul J.

Gearup

I agree with Lou on the missiles. You've done a fantastic job on the fins! How did you get them so consistently aligned  and square to each other?
Fraser