• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Flyer Toon.

Started by buccfan, January 20, 2018, 10:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Just a couple of images showing progress so far. Fuse and wing glued together but fin is just pinned in place. Intakes and nozzles work in progress. Apologies for image quality will try to get some better ones as it progresses. Regards Paul.

lastvautour

Sweet looking Toon. Are your wings laminated as the grain appears to change directions?

lou

Boomerang

Looking Good Paul.

Gordon

buccfan

Thank you Lou and Gordon, the wing was cut from a block of laminated pine board on which the strips are glued together with opposite grains to make them stronger, supposedly to stop them cupping on wide boards, as I was only cutting the thin wing without much chiseling it worked out OK. Regards Paul J.

buccfan

A bit of work in progress during the lockdown. Stay safe everyone. Best regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Great. Looking forward to more updates.

Lou

Gearup

I've always liked the toon models. I think it is harder to capture a character of something. How do you develope the plan for those models.

lastvautour

Gearup

Boomerang

Good to see you back Paul. Stay safe over there.

Things are starting to look a bit better over here.

Looking forward to updates .

Cheers

Gordon

buccfan

Thank you Lou,Fraser and Gordon. As Lou said I get ideas from Pat Cherry and other caricature sites, this one was from the Metal Slug Flyer models. I found 3 views of the model and sized the fuselage lenght to between 5 and 5 1/2 inches usually. Then cut out the profiles and stick them to card. With parts such as the intakes you have to decide on shapes and thickness as you go along. I have some more pics of u/c etc to do and post later. Best regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thanks for the data.

Lou

buccfan

Painting has progressed with cockpit, fin and nose done, and a coat of clear acrylic applied all over. Similar with undercarriage etc. U/C all made except wheels and tyres, from the spares box. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Gearup

Love the smooth shape!

Fraser