• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Tucano toon.

Started by buccfan, August 25, 2012, 09:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

Very nice lettering, Paul. Another way to make decals. I've just got a laptop and am really really struggling so far.It still is a tossup whether it ends up in the garbage.
Cliff.

buccfan

Thanks Cliff, I was originally going to try and use the letters individually on the toon,but remembered I had some clear film. It is probably better on the film as the rub offs don't always stick very well on first attempt to rub them down. I also struggle when trying to print letters on my computer, mainly with the sizing of them, but have better success with roundels etc. Keep trying you will get there in the end.Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Just the one pic for now before fitting the prop circle and the stand which is drying in the paintshop. I will take some pics of the finished toon hopefully tomorrow if it stops raining and we get some daylight. Regards Paul J.   

lastvautour

She is a beauty Paul. I await more photos.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, I didn't get any photo's done today but I'll get some done as soon as I can.Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Finally got to finish the stand and take some pics of the finished model. I am pleased with the result,and with the inspiration and help and tips from members on this site I shall continue to improve.( I hope!!!!). The small numbers on the nose wheel door are the numbers used for identifying the different decals on the model decal sheets, which are also decals and can come in handy. There are usually lines and words which can also be cut up and used for crew names etc. Some more pics.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Fantastic model Paul. You are to be congratulated on your masterpiece. The details are excellent as well as your decals.

Lou

lastvautour

Paul, can you post a front quarter shot from about 45 degrees up. I popst two photos to your collection on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/8416077@N08/8221696410/in/photostream
I also made a reference to your excellent built on SMM.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks for you comments Lou,much appreciated, and posting on your flickr page. Only the wheels are from the spares box on the u/c and armaments everything else has been made including the guns. I wil take another photo for you probably tomorrow. Best regards Paul J.

buccfan

Is this what you were looking for Lou?, two more views. Did you say I had to post in the gallery as well?. I tried to log in but my password details won't work. I will send you the plans when I get them finished. Regards Paul J. 

lastvautour

I want photos from the top front quarter.

Lou