• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

ATR 42 300

Started by Marcos Borges, May 10, 2009, 10:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Borges

Hi guys.
I didn't post any topic here for a long time. Sorry ::)
Today I upload some pictures in the Solid Memories Gallery of a recent project: the ATR 42 in the 1:144 scale.
It started as a scratch project in a group build of a Brazilian discussion forum and in the middle of the process and decided to make resin copies of it. I don't know if models of other materials are allowed here or in the Gallery. If not i remove it.
Best regards,
Marcos.

lastvautour

What ever medium you used, the finished product is fantastic. I have taken the liberty of posting a photo here.

Photo by Marcos Borges

Marcos Borges

lastvautour
Many thanks for your comment :)
I hope be able to post here soon the finished model.
Regards,
Marcos.

dave_t

I always enjoy seeing modern civil aircraft. I seem to recall seeing an ATR42 in FedEx colors. Good work Marcos.

Marcos Borges

Thank you Dave  :)
My first intention were to make a scratch model in the Fedex colors for a group build in a Brazlilian forum. So I have some art in progress for the decals and as it is a resin model now, I probably will do it.
Regards,
Marcos.

cliff strachan

It certainly is a nice looking model, Marcos. A fine finish. But, if you ever have the time, could you tell us more about how you go about building a resin version.

Cliff

Marcos Borges

Thank you Cliff.
This was my firts attempt to make resin copies. As soon I have time I will post more detailed explanations here with pictures. Some learning from the try and error process in the use of poliuretahne resin. It works best and can repoduce small details from the original model. I tried before with polyester and epoxi resins and they don't show good results. Here are some pictures of the process:

Regards,
Marcos.

Marsh

Marcos,
Very good. More please when you get time.
Regards Marsh.

lastvautour

I would use the process for undercarriage and smaller pieces that are so hard to reproduce in wood.

Lou