• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

The stuff that Dreams are made of. . .

Started by R.F.Bennett, November 29, 2008, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

spider web

"Wow !" How enjoyable was that........the engines sounds alone as these birds took off and flew. 

It was interesting to see the clipped winged version ..........was his markings that of a wing commander?
One of my favorites in my film collection is the "Battle of Britain", where the Spanish Airforce supplied the German fighters and bombers used in the film.
How great was the scene in the early part of the fillm when a group of 109's flew low level over the field !

Keep finding more and posting stuff like this.........     

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

scottzepher

Quote from: spider web on November 29, 2008, 09:01:27 PM
"Wow !" How enjoyable was that........the engines sounds alone as these birds took off and flew. 

It was interesting to see the clipped winged version ..........was his markings that of a wing commander?
One of my favorites in my film collection is the "Battle of Britain", where the Spanish Airforce supplied the German fighters and bombers used in the film.
How great was the scene in the early part of the fillm when a group of 109's flew low level over the field !

Keep finding more and posting stuff like this.........     

Speaking of that movie, I just finished reading a fabulous book by Joshua Levine Forgotten Voices of the Blitz and the Battle for Britain--little hard to find but very much worth it. 
Thanks for the link, Raymond, those Merins are always music to my ears.
Tom