• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Orta Saint - Hubert G - 1 IN TUTORIAL SECTION

Started by Gearup, June 12, 2022, 10:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

I have embarked on a tutorial style build of this small 1930's Belgian monoplane. Check out the details the tutorial for the Orta Saint - Hubert G - 1.

Regards
Fraser

lastvautour

lastvautour

Boomerang

I didn't see this one when I was looking.

The old cigarette cards would be a source of information on colours to give some idea.

Whether "artistic " licence has been taken would be an unknown.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

They were collectable, so I can only assumed they would be fairly accurate.

Lou

lastvautour

Sorry to hear of your mishap. I look forward to you returning to your tutorial.

Lou

Gearup

:) :) BTW the mishap Lou refers to is a kitchen flood which has currently stalled modelling until it is rectified. I still have all my fingers in case anyone was worried. Its just a bit much chaos to really sit down and enjoy modeling......

Fraser

Gearup

Lou and Gordon, thanks for assistance on the possible coloration of the Orta.

Boomerang

Fraser,

Glad to assist with the Orta.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Just read your latest progress report. I never thought of using paper liner for the cockpit. Excellent approach.

Lou

Gearup

Thanks. once you harden it up and seal it, it works just fine for certain things.
Fraser

Gearup

Here is a sneak peak of an engine cylinder for the Orta. it has an interesting configuration of valve train and exhausts (yes plural), which I'll show later in the tutorial. !/8" dowel x 5/16" long with soldered brass components added.

BTW, the two pushrods are painted silver and  mounted in tandem on the engine centreline.
Fraser

lastvautour

Boomerang

Gearup

the Orta Saint Hubert G-1 is completed. Please see the tutorial for all the build details.

Here are the finished pictures.

Thank for looking
Fraser