• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Wood delivery day !

Started by Balsabasher, August 03, 2011, 11:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Wood pallets delivered today from the local cosmetic warehouse around the corner,the wood smells of perfume and will make a few solids,it is free gratis as well,seek it out and you will find,I would not like to even think of how much timber is thrown out every year across the world ? this is pine and not bad either.
Barry.

lastvautour

I wish they would throw out pine around here. The pallets hear are made out of the worst of the worst wood available.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Barry,
I noticed you have new avatar....some kid holding a model airplane.  Is that you?
You know what happens to kids that mess about with model airplanes don't you?

Mark

Balsabasher

Yes that is me Mark,holding my dads Wakefield model,he built the models in the brick building behind me then went down the garden and into a big field to fly them,I used  to then recover them from the long grass,happy days and I cherish those memories,the rest is history I got hooked on airplanes !
Barry.

Mark Braunlich

Can we have a larger view Barry?   I built a replica 1936 Albert Judge Wakefield (International winner for '36) many years ago and I still have it.  Needs some restoration work, mostly tissue, before it could fly again.

Mark

Balsabasher

I have done a montage Mark,have a look in 'Meet the model builder' for a larger image,the same person still messing about with bigger ones.
Barry.