• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Tiny 1=72nd scale Comper Swift.

Started by Balsabasher, August 03, 2011, 11:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

This tiny model was built some 25 years ago as a solid,I think my eyes would struggle a bit now to build this small ?
Please excuse the blemishes of time on its minute structure.
Barry.

Mark Braunlich

Thanks for posting these Barry.  I should like to make a 1:72 Swift one of these days as it is one of my favorite light aeroplanes. 

Cheers,
Mark

Balsabasher

And one of mine too Mark,so far over the years  I have built a small free flight Comper Swift for a Pee Wee engine,a radio controlled one converted from the Aeromodeller free flight plan,a quarter scale example that unfortunately got crushed in one of my house moves before it was completed and now the big solid model of G-ACTF.
Considering the small production run of this type of aircraft it has proved so popular both to pilots,owners and model builders over the years,the tiny Pobjoy engine is a work of art in miniature both full sized and the challenges it gives to ourselves to make a replica of it for our models.
Nice Comper was a genius designer who had such a short sad life,but look at the legacy he left behind,the name of 'Comper' lives on forever.
Barry.