• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Two new ones for the 2011 folder

Started by Balsabasher, June 20, 2011, 10:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Lou here are two that have been completed for the 2011 folder that you maintain.
Barry.

Miles Gemini to 1=27th scale.

Miles Whitney Straight to same scale.

Full sized images are on the homepage lower if you need them,thank you.

lastvautour

Both beauties have been added to the Model Of the Year post.

Lou

Balsabasher

Time to put these three to bed for 2011 as the hand painted markings are finished,they can go into the folder now Lou,two Parnall Hendy Hecks,the first prototype built by Westland,and the first built by Parnall.
The yellow aeroplane is the Fairey Primer also known as the Tipsy M series,this was a direct contender to the de havilland Chipmunk aircraft for service in the RAF,the Chipmunk won having been designed by a polish engineer in Canada,the jigs were then shipped to the UK and the 24 volt electrical system modified to take the cartridges which the military preferred,after demob they were converted back again for use on the civil market !
Barry.

Balsabasher

All of the models below are new for the 2011 model of the year folder Lou,this week I have been adding the finishing touches to the markings in readiness to clear the hangar and make way for new projects that need to take up residence,I also suddenly realised that the BA Eagle will qualify for the long distance cook up as this particular one G-ADFB flew faultlessly from Hanworth to China back in 1936 when the owner delivered it himself,the aircraft is named 'Blue Skies' this batch is to 1=27 th scale.
I decided that the Heath Parasol will stay as is in unpainted but bleached linen form to preserve the delicate look of this tiny little aeroplane,many flew just like this to keep the weight down.
In order of sequence top to bottom are-

BA Eagle
Piper Skycoupe ( 2 off)
RE8 Harry Tate
BE2C & RE8
Sopwith Dolphin
Tipsy ( Fairey) Junior
Parnall 382
Heath Parasol
Vickers Bullet ES1
BE2C

Larger images are all in the balsabashers album,Barry

lastvautour

I have place your new submissions in the folder. Please confirm I have them all and that they are properly labelled.

Lou
P.S. Your subject title is a bit off!!!!

Oceaneer99

Under promise and over perform!  Great work, Barry.

Balsabasher

Yes Lou it has grown somewhat in number of models eligible,can you please give me the link to the folder ? I cannot seem to find it and then I will check the types,it should have read 'New models eligible for the 2011 folder' or something similar.
Barry.

lastvautour

Balsabasher

Lou types are checked as correct,one missing is the Heath Parasol,this is finished and left in irish linen fabric clear scheme as shown,many thanks,Barry.