• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

December 2015 Ping

Started by lastvautour, December 02, 2015, 11:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Last month of 2015. I wonder how many projects will be included in the 2015 poster. I for one have been mostly inactive since May concentrating on yard work and house renovations. Regardless here are the stats:

Forum

Total Members:             256
Total Posts:             13,984
Total Topics:              1,219
Total Categories:               9
Total page views: 3,628,062

Gallery

Total Files                7,613
Total Albums               330
Total Categies                17
Total Comments          759
Total Views        2,534,212

Lou

lastvautour

It is highly unlikely to have any new models completed for this year.

Currently on the bench are two 1/72 Liberators and one each 1/240 scale HO4S-3, Banshee and Tracker. There are so many that I want to do but don't seem to have the energy to start any of them.

Lou

Boomerang

The "plan" at this stage is to Finish the V-173.

Hopefully finish the X-28 and Caudron

The Aeronca and Comet will be left till next year along with the carry over projects ( Flycatcher, Caproni CH1 and CAC -15)

Cheers

Gordon

Pete1616

Gordon, your V 173 is a work of art! I thought mine was good, but yours is "good as gold".....Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

The prototype poster has been started. I hope to see more models by year's end. Some model photos need to be moved around for ascetic reasons. Comments are welcomed.

Lou

Keep your blade sharp and let the chips fly. Just 19 days left in 2015.

Boomerang

Thanks Pete, I like the way you do your models . Clear gloss finish. I might try it one day.

Well done on the poster Lou.

The days are winding down fast to the end of the year. I'll just keep pottering away till then and finish off in the New Year.
The past year has gone past at lightning speed.
Big achievement for me was finally getting the clues about homemade decals. Thanks Lou,

I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and all the very best for the New Year.

Continue to create and learn.
Cheers

Gordon

Pete1616

Thanks, Gordon

I wish I could send you some butternut or red cedar, I have some to spare. However there must be some attractive and carvable wood in OZ. Truth is that my hands haven't been steady enough for painting for a very long time.
Pete1616

Boomerang

I keep my eye out for any wood that wood be usable.
  Check the off cut bins in Hardware stores etc..,
  The local council over here have a Clean up day once fortnight. You can put stuff out once you've notified the council and
  they will come and pick it up. Procrastinated a bit. Should've picked up some old draws and thinking about it they were
  probably cedar. Ah well there be other times.
  All the best Pete.
  Cheers
  Gordon

buccfan

Migtoon complete, seems like a marathon build. Nothing on the bench started yet. Echoing Gordon's sentiment , here's wishing everyone a Happy Xmas and a prosperous New Year. Best regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Latest two added. I will hold a pole to select which 2015 model should hold the two center spots. This will have to wait until Jan to ensure all models done in 2015 are included.

Lou

lastvautour

11 days to go to year's end. Any potential projects for the 2015 poster? I don't have anything even close.

Lou

Boomerang

Pete1616

I'm struggling with my Vickers Vedette, stretchy thread for wires, tiny little holes to thread it through drilled in the base of 1/8" dowel....may be ready for January!....Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

Has to be no later than 31 Dec to be 2015 Pete.

Lou

Pete1616

Nothing will be ready from me....however, I like Gordon's V173 for the "poster plane" centrefold.....Pete
Pete1616