• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

July 2015 - Ping

Started by lastvautour, July 01, 2015, 10:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Happy Canada Day to all Canadians.

Gallery stats:  7,587 files in 329 albums and 17 categories with 759 comments viewed 2,399,615 times

Forum stats:  Members:253 - Posts: 13,595 - Topics: 1,189 - Page views:3,287,523

Half of the years has gone by so quickly. SMM has 18 models completed to date.

Lou

lastvautour

Lots of yard work has slowed my modelling efforts.

On the bench:
1/48 Sabre still in primer
1/48 Hunter first primer coats. Touch up putty drying.
1/350 T2 Tanker hull needs further sanding to take out high spots.
Airtoon F-18 primed
Berwick Gala Days display creating travel boxes

Lou

Boomerang

DH 5 finished.
Moving on to something else which has been languishing for a while.

Cheers
Gordon

lastvautour

Nice to hear from you. I was beginning to feel like the "Omega Modeler".

Lou

Boomerang

I'm around. I might go quiet for a while but I'm still here.

Cheers

Gordon

Pete1616

I'm still around as well, yard work, falling off ladder, and arthritis messing with my hands are slowing me down....

I have my Vickers Vedette ready to put together, Tiger moth fuselage went in the scrap, I'll try another, B24 on hold as is the Tracker. While the hands still work I think I'll work on my Arrow.

Seems that the arthritis held off until I turned 80, then is making up for lost time!

A sense of humour seems to be necessary as we age!....Pete
Pete1616

Boomerang

Pete,

Agree a sense of humour is essential.

A few weeks ago I saw an " mobile" consisting of non scale Air racers looking like GB's.

So an idea has formed and some wood has been cut for my own. It will be for my Grandson. He's only 4 months old but as his dad says "start them early" . So far I've got a couple of Cassutts and  a GB Z to 1/48th and will add a Caudron and something else. The next one down the track is "float planes ". A Tablois, a couple of Sopwith Baby's, Albatros W4 and a Brandenburg w29 all to 1/72.

Cheers
  Gordon

Pete1616

I remember buying a mobile for one of my grandsons, B.C. (before carving) it was made from a shiny metal and featured floatplanes.

A good day Sunday, the Lancaster flew over in formation with the B25. Photo op I guess. Some sounds sure make you run outside!
Pete1616

Boomerang

Unforetunately we don't have a flying Lanc here in Oz. Certainly would be worth while to run outside if a Lanc was flying around.

I've been to Wanaka in New Zealand a couple of times a few years ago for "warbirds over wanaka"
  Best was A Spit and a Hurricane together.

Cheers
Gordon

cliff strachan

To Gordon: Are they real? To Pete 1616: It really does take a sense of humour as we age. But as we get older it's sometimes hard to find anything funny to say about it.

Cliff.

Boomerang

Cliff,

Yes they are real. Taken at Wanaka, New Zealand. "Warbirds over Wanaka".
  I forget what year. But i had just gotten a Digital SLR Camera.

Cheers
  Gordon

lastvautour

With the addition of Finger's Stuka and Vanguard, model production for 2015 stands at 21.

Lou