• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

June 2015 - Ping

Started by lastvautour, June 01, 2015, 07:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Approaching 2.5 millions on views on or gallery
7,583 files in 329 albums and 17 categories with 758 comments viewed 2,371,827 times

The forum is as follows.
Total Members:253  Total Posts:13535  Total Topics:1187  Total Categories: 9 Total page views:3,247,336

Lou

lastvautour

1. Hunter slowing getting its intake-wing-fuselage joints sanded.
2. The AirToon F-18 is in the paint shop getting the first primer coat.
3. T2 Tanker has been idle for the last week.
4. The Sky Lancer F-86 is ready for paint. I have the needed colours, however, two are enamel and one is acrylic. I will look for acrylic substitutes but many colours were never converted in those products available to me locally.
5. Sailors have reported for duty aboard HMCS Bonaventure. These are 3D printed and are quite detailed for the scale. I bought them on line  for $28.00 USD  https://www.shapeways.com/product/JX9H25WJ4/1-144-us-navy-sailor-dungaree-set-1?li=marketplace&optionId=56249861

Lou

Boomerang

Plodding on with the DH 5. Rigging and control runs nearly done.
    When thats done it will just leave the undercarriage ,spinner and final touching up.
    Have cut out a project for the X plane cook up in 1/64 th  and looking at something thats "small" at 1/72 scale as well.

Cheers
  Gordon

Model Maker

Outside chores have been my first priority lately

Two P-51D's still in the assembly stage. Should be restarting shortly
One P-51D primed and ready for final sanding
Four Spitfires ready for painting.

I hate to say it but I'd better get moving. Although outside air brushing season ends in Oct. it's amazing how the time slips by. I'll have to make sure the air brush booth is completed by end of the summer so I can test it outside.

Peter

I just bought my first air brush. I'm going to try it ou on a Hadley Page Hampden sitting on the work bench for way to long.

Peter

lastvautour

What type of air brush did you get? I had a Badger internal mix and currently use an Aztec siphon type. I found the internal mix to be high maintenance. I frequently use the Aztec on both solids and plastics.

Lou