• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

April 2015 Ping

Started by lastvautour, April 02, 2015, 10:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The first quarter of 2015 went by in a nano second. Our latest member is already posting his projects. We look forward for more of Ken N's model.

The gallery continues to be very popular with the general surfing public.

7,572 files in 329 albums and 17 categories with 756 comments viewed 2,319,056 times

The forum is equally active.

Total Members:                    253
Total Posts:                      13334
Total Topics:                       1171
Total page views:           3141624
Latest Member:          Model Maker

Lou

lastvautour

The F-105D and F-106A are both in the paint booth being primed and will be sanded with 220 grit paper.
The 1/48 Sabre is still in block form
The 1/48 Hunter has not progress from the drawings stage. Some later modification to the GR9 are not reflected on the drawings so some creative effort will be needed to add the brake chute fairing.

Lou

Boomerang

Delanne proceeding.

DH 5 is proceeding slowly.

Cheers

Gordon

Pete1616

Hi, Gordon

I liked your Minimoa so much that I'm carving one....from butternut wood....16" wingspan for a 5" body.....As I can't seem to find a home for the rest of my collection, I plan on giving this to a friend who flies RC gliders.
Pete1616

Boomerang

Pete,
  Sounds great . Hope to see some pictures when its done.
  At 16" not to big or small.

Cheers

Gordon

R.F.Bennett

Odd number I know  :o   But, it was 14 years ago around this time of year that I founded Solid Model Memories. It started out as an MSN group and a small web page to host the files too large for MSN Groups. Now we show an average of 1179 page views per day.  :D  That little number that says "Most Online today" at the bottom of the page refers ONLY to members who have signed in that day.  :P
So... about this time next year, SOMEBODY! ANYBODY! remind me that it's our 15th year.  ;D
Here it comes... I'm gonna say it! ... I CAN'T STOP MYSELF!  ???  :o
and they said it wouldn't last...  :'( :'(  :P

OH!  Hey Guys, how about an X-Plane Cook?  ;D  :P
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Joining SMM some 11 years ago was the best thing I have ever done. Thank thank you and thank you again Ray for creating the site. I am so pleased to have made so many friends and learned so much about the hobby. It does not seem long, however since time flies when having fun, it applies precisely to our group.

Congratulations on such a successful endeavour.

Lou
P.S. X-plane yes. Pondering the X-15.

Boomerang

I echo Lou's sentiments .
Thanks Ray.

Gordon.

I've got an X-3 plan somewhere at home

buccfan

Well done Ray, you started the friendliest and most helpful site I have ever been on. There is always someone to help if you need any advice, long may it continue. Regards Paul J.

Peter

Well saying thanks to you Ray (also Lou, Barry, Cliff and everybody else) hardly seems like enough. Although real life keeps me insanely busy checking in on SSM gives me a nice little break from reality. All of your work and commitment to this group is truly inspiring.

Thanks everybody

Peter

Will

Thanks too to Ray.  I really like this website and the friendly nature of the discussion.  I may not be a prolific modeller like Lou and others, but each solid I've done gives great satisfaction.  And I've found an interest in the history of scale modelling.
Cheers
Will

Pete1616

I started carving aircraft when my wife quit painting my songbirds, that was around 2006. Lou tracked me down in 2009 and gave me the help and encouragement to concentrate on carving aircraft.
Ray, thanks very much for being the "visionary" behind SMM!
Lou, without your encouragement I would be still wallowing around the internet looking for plans.
I'm grateful to you both as well as the members who have encouraged me in our "ART"....That's what it is that we do....Art! 
Pete1616

cliff strachan

Pete 1616 and to Ray: Just keep up the very good work. But to Ray especially: Thanks for the forethought. It truly seems to be working.
Cliff.