• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

February 2015 Ping

Started by lastvautour, February 01, 2015, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Forum

Members:       252 (this is drop of over 50 since January. Can anyone shed some light on this)
Topics:         1,155
Categories:         9
Views:     3,067,259

Gallery

Files                  7,553
Albums                326
Categories             17
Comments           755
Views         2,255,515

Lou

lastvautour

F-100 still on the bench awaiting a few control surface outline decals to apply.
F-101 has not moved in a week, Requires final sanding, priming etc
F-102 drawings have been scaled and printed. Debating which wing tip to do and that will depend on the chosen colour scheme.
Piper Apache painted yellow but has been stalled for over two weeks.
Siting on the edge of a dream is a 1/48 scale F-86. I have many in plastic in that scale but no solid. I will use the Stromberker method for parts breakdown and drawings of the F-86F found on the Vars site. I had to download a file converter to make the drawings usable. The drawings have been scaled and printed.

Lou

Oceaneer99

Lou, I did some sleuthing around and it appears you have the correct number of actual members now.  We updated the forum in the last month, and they apparently fixed an issue where members that we never registered were included in the count.

Garet

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Hi everybody,

I am currently working on a Mosquito FB MkVI.
Nothing new for the rest.

lastvautour

Garet, many thanks for sorting the membership issue.
Jorrit, please give us some pictures as you proceed along.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, I think that perhaps I can cheer you up a bit. I've had 4 posters made up and delivered to appropriate model shops in WG - with the
one that I plan to deliver to the WCAM this AM it'ill be a total of 5 for this year.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Excellent Cliff. We need some new blood in our hobby.

Lou

Pete1616

Happy groundhog day all!......early spring coming to Ontario...

Cliff, would you please send me a copy of your poster? I nave a display at the Canadian Warplane Heritage in Hamilton, they're hosting a wood show late this month and I'll be able to place a poster among my models. It would be nice to encourage our art.

My latest model is a Polish aircraft PZL 11C...It's interesting as they shot down 126 German aircraft with a loss of 114 prior to Poland being overrun. It will find a home in out Polish legion as soon as I can make a contact
Pete1616

Boomerang

Greetings All,

DH 5 proceeding, Delanne proceeding, Minimoa proceeding. Flycatcher on hold.
Home made decals for the DH5 and Minimoa done.
Lou, I read your decal making tip and managed to do the ones for the Minimoa. Just a couple of roundels and some
letters. They look OK. Thanks.
Minimoa painting has started.

DH 5 tinkering with the lower wing to fuselage joint and now having picked up a paint something akin to clear doped 
linen I'm making some progress.

The Delanne has had some surgery to the nose around the air inlet and a bit of a clean up. I've put a couple of coats
of dope onto some paper and a couple of coats of primer to make some slats. Should work.

Cheers
  Gordon

cliff strachan

Hello, Pete 1616. Apparently, to download a copy of Lou's poster you require a memory stick. Then after downloading the poster image you take the
whole shebang - the stick with the image on it - to your local printer's and have them make up a poster for you.

For example, I had the representative of the local library download Lou's poster for me on a memory stick that I had purchased last year. Then I brought the stick with the poster on it to a local printers and had them print up five for me to distribute.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Thanks for the instructions Cliff. How much did your local printer charge you for the posters. Here it is very cheap.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, it was about 3 bucks each.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Maybe I impressed the clerk. She charged me $3.00 for two.

Lou

lastvautour

F-105D drawings printed.

Lou

lastvautour

I noticed my project board just registered 2300 post. I challenge all members to start posting your project photos and updates.

Lou