• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF's 100th - 1/144 Bell CH-146 Griffon Started 18 Nov 22 - Completed 24 Dec 22

Started by lastvautour, November 18, 2022, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

One more 1/144 helicopter will join the dozen already completed. The Bell CH-146 Griffon is a multi-role utility helicopter designed by Bell Helicopter Textron as a variant of the Bell 412EP for the Canadian Armed Forces. The CH-146 is used in a wide variety of roles, including aerial firepower, reconnaissance, search and rescue and aero-mobility tasks. It has a crew of three, can carry up to ten troops and has a cruising speed of 220–260 km/h (140–160 mph)

Lou

lastvautour

Engine compartments just sitting on top of fuselage. The landing skids are currently being built in place.

Lou

Gearup

lastvautour

Just two more to go; namely a Cormorant and a Cyclone. However, the Cyclone is problematic as I have yet to find a decent 3 view drawing. Being overall dark sea grey causes all details to blend in.

Lou

lastvautour

My Griffon is in the paint shop. Rotors are done and decals have been ordered from CanMilAir.

Lou

Gearup

Nice details on the build. Having a rotor shaft makes it easier to hold the model for painting too.
Fraser

lastvautour

lastvautour

My Griffon is numbered 75p and joins my Iroquois and Twin Huey.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour