• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF's 100th - 1/144 Vertol CH-113 Labrador/Voyageur 1 May 2022 - 23 Jun 2022

Started by lastvautour, May 15, 2022, 07:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The Labrador were flown by the RCAF and the Voyager by the Canadian Army. Both were eventually absorbed into the Canadian Armed Forces in 1968 and both updated to SARCUP configuration use. This caused some problems for technicians as the internal plumbing was different and never was completely changed over.  I have decided to do the Voyageur in Canadian Army colours prior to unification and the Labrador will be in SAR yellow, the same way they were painted when I served with 103 Rescue Unit.

As per other helicopters in this multiple build project, the birds are cut on two planes. Note the Labrador is the only one with stub wing large fuel tanks.

Lou

lastvautour

Everything is rough sanded and ready for some minor applications of filler followed by fine sanding and primer.

Lou

lastvautour

Labrador and Voyageur undercarriages are attached and primed.

Lou

Gearup

Love how the primer changes the wooden model into a helicopter sitting outside the paint shop. Looks great.
Fraser

lastvautour

The Voyageur and Labrador have special meaning as I have service both during my career. I was the Senior Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent on the Labrador.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 14 Jun 22. Part 1 of 2 Vertol birds is the Voyageur. CanMilAir decals along with some home made make up the CH-113A Canadian Army colour scheme.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Gearup

lastvautour

lastvautour

Roll out on 23 June 2022. I decided to revert to early 1960's tri-colour scheme for my Labrador and will do the 1/24 version in the yellow.

Lou