lastvautour

Six RCAF helicopters are on the bench. I no particular order of priority:
Boeing Vertol Labrador
Boeing Vertol Voyager
Piasecki Workhorse
Sikorsky Chickasaw
Sikorsky Choctaw
Sikorsky Dragonfly

All are in block form and will progress as time permits between bigger projects.

Lou

lastvautour

The Flying Banana and Chickasaw are carved and rotors for the latter has been started.

Lou

lastvautour

Flying Banana, Chickasaw and Choctaw carved and rough sanded.

Lou

lastvautour

Starting from the bottom are the H-5, H-21, H-19 and H-34. Photo below.

The Labrador and Voyageur are rough carved and sponsons have been started, however there is insufficient progress to warrant a photo.

Lou

lastvautour

All are at the rough sanded level. The Labrador and Voyageur require a bit of putty. Fine sanding will precede primer application. These are now my # 1 priority rather than filling in the gaps between other projects. I love doing these small models. & of 9 main rotors are done as well as 3 tail rotors. Photos will be provided once I complete the last two main rotors sometime in the next few days.

Lou

lastvautour

Rotors are assembled and await colouring of the blade tips.

Lou

Dave T

lastvautour

lastvautour

In the paint booth for primer. Decals have been printed for the Dragonfly. Decals have been ordered from Above And Beyond for the Choctaw, Labrador, Voyageur and Flying Banana. The Chickasaw will require to have decals designed and printed as I cannot find any on line.

Lou

lastvautour

I required 6 of these for the Labrador and Voyageur helicopters. This is # 7.

Lou

Gearup

Lou,
The way you have presented the production of SIX models is really unique. Although they are all different shapes, the designs of them to reflect upon each other. I especially think the rotors as a group is interesting.

Fraser

lastvautour

Helicopter in 1/144 scale can be made quite realistic if you don't look to close. I have 1/24 Labrador airframe that I am debating how to make the rotor hub. The blades would be 30cm each. A little hard to put on a shelf. Like my 1/48 Argus and 1/32 Hudson, it would require a stand alone display. Would happen to have a decent drawing of the rotor head??

Lou

lastvautour

I tallied the 1/144 RCAF helicopters "like/love/wow"s on Facebook. They number over 3200 so far including the H-5, H-18, H-21 CH-113 and CH-113A. I did not tally the CH-118, CH-135 and Hip-17 These were all received since 1 May. Where I could, many have a link to our site and most have Solid Model Memories mentioned. I am surprised at getting so much praise and with this, exposure for SMM.

Broken down by type
H-5 ................. 724
H-19 ............... 556
H-21 ..............1229
CH-113 ........... 273
CH-113A ......... 423

I can only hope someone own up to there word in taking up the solid wood model hobby.

lastvautour

My Piasecki helicopter was chosen for the weekly banner on All Things Scale Facebook group.

Lou

Boomerang