• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Airbrush Spray Booth Cabinet

Started by Model Maker, January 25, 2016, 06:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Model Maker

I've struggled due to competing priorities with only being able to airbrush outside during the warm weather. After much surfing I opted to construct a folding portable airbrush cabinet with a fan, so I can paint inside during the cold weather. The attached document may provide you with some ideas for constructing the cabinet if you are looking to go down a similar path.

As indicated in the document, fan selection is up to the user. There are numerous Internet sources on DIY airbrush booths which list the issues with different styles of fans. One word of caution. Bathroom exhaust fans don't generate the required pressure or airflow even if multiple fans are installed. In addition, the motors are not isolated from the air stream.

Also remember, some acrylic paints are not solely water based and include alcohol in the paint and associated thinners. Keep in mind the extremely flammable solvents in spray cans, enamel paint and metallic paint such as Alcad. Any fans used in these services must be carefully selected to in order to prevent explosions from occurring. Or an alternate means of capturing the spray such as an outside environment should be used.

- ken

Peter

Hi Ken very nicely done. Where is the attached document?

Peter

Model Maker

Thanks Peter - I was performing a minor revision to the document when you viewed the picture. The document is posted now. - ken

Peter

I've got it now it looks very interesting. Thank you

Peter

lastvautour