• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Back Again

Started by FlyingS, August 28, 2020, 11:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingS

First coat of paint. more finishing to do. I'm trying to stick with all water base finishing. Mainly because they are easier to clean up and I don't have a good space to do spray painting with the new house. I'm going to try doing how ever many color coats and sand in between and finish coat with water base polyurethane.

lastvautour

The Comet looks great.

Lou
PS I made a spray booth out of a moving carton and a brushless Vortex fan. Keeps overspray and odor away from the rest of the house.

Dave T

I like it Lou. What you can do with an old door, 2x4s and cardboard boxes! 8)

FlyingS

Cleaver! What is the brand name? is it 4" or 6" vent? Didn't know there was such a thing.

lastvautour

It is a 4" but you can get as big as 12". Mine has 220 CFM and work really good. I have a VTX 400 seen herehttp://vortexpowerfans.com/vtx-400

I purchased through the USA as it was cheaper than ordering from Canada. Canada Post rates are ridiculous.

Lou

FlyingS

Finally after years in the making the Comet is finally finished!! My printer ink wouldn't print the red bright enough to mach the paint job. All the decals are heavier paper and used an Elmer's Glue stick to apply them. Then I covered it with 3 layers of clear gloss (water base) polyurethane. My first paper decals I used standard weight paper but I had to paint the backs with white paint to keep the color from showing through. I didn't have that problem with the heavier paper. The 3 coats of poly helped to blend the edges to the model. This is my 5th model and I learn something (or several) with each model.

Boomerang

Brilliant model ! Fantastic finish.

Well Done !

Gordon

FlyingS