• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Gallery

Started by Pete1616, April 26, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete1616

Perhaps I'm an old curmudgeon, but I think the Gallery page should be reserved for our "creations" Not for somebodies plans/drawings. There could be another place to share these.

Am I alone in this thought?....Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

I must respectfully disagree. Many of my models were built using the Gallery resources. The USN WWII ID plans section alone is the inspiration for my ID + collection that numbers over 30 models. These simple plans are the starting point for novice builders as well as some long in the tooth carvers like me.

Perhaps the User Galleries section could use some flash to draw attention to it. Ray or Garet, can the User Galleries section be highlighted in some way? Bigger font?

Lou

R.F.Bennett

We will see what we can do, Some of you may not know, the true reason for this entire site is to preserve and make available all of those plans that would otherwise be lost. This board is here in support of those who wish to understand the history and to share in the experience of building these models. In short, to teach, to learn and to share a camaraderie with those who build and wish to build. The finished models in the gallery as well as the photos of real subjects and non-member built models are meant to inspire and educate.  ::)
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour