• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

A complete decal sheet for the Mosquito

Started by Balsabasher, August 10, 2011, 11:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Anyone seen these before ? circa wartime WW2.

EVB Decal sheet for Mosquito-Complete decal  
This must be mega rare ? I have had this complete decal sheet now for a long time and got it from a model shop that was closing down,the crazy idea is to cover the complete model with decals,you could try it today by reproducing this onto decal film and printing out ! the transfer has weathered well considering and shows just a little cracking.
The challenge to place decal film around a spinner is mind boggling,it is difficult to see what market this idea was aimed at ? does anyone else have similar sheets,if so I for one would love to see them for the curiosity of discovering another ?
The full sized image is on the homepage if you want to give it a try,and if you do then we want o see the result !
Barry.  

Will

QuoteAnyone seen these before ? circa wartime WW2.

EVB Decal sheet for Mosquito-Complete decal  
This must be mega rare ? I have had this complete decal sheet now for a long time ... if you want to give it a try,and if you do then we want o see the result !
Barry.

Barry,

Its not completely dead as an idea.  A recent plastic kit I read a review for, of the Kawasaki Ki-61 Japanese WW2 Fighter, had all over decals - the idea being you painted the plane silver and the full size clear decals provided the squiggle camouflage.  I got the feeling from the review it wasn't the easiest process.

And of course, for plastic modellers, any WW1 German plane with lozenge would be pretty much require to be entire decalled, depending on the extent of lozenge.  (Obviously we at SMM  would hand paint! :'( )

Will

Balsabasher

Yes come to think of it Will somewhere I have some lozenge decal sheet the type that you mention,I wonder how many plastic modellers know of the origin of these EVB decal sheets,or to put it in historical perspective 'Transfer sheets' the name decal came in much later.
I have a hand painted lozenge wing 1=72nd Fokker D.7 from long ago,do not think that I could execute it now to this scale !
I would love to discover another of these EVB sheets ? pretty slim but you never know.
If I ever get a decent printer I may just try and reproduce a modern version to try out on a Mosquito out of curiosity.
Barry.