• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Newbie booking in.

Started by Canberra Man, March 21, 2010, 12:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canberra Man

Hi from UK.
What a forum, do you lads get time to do anything else?  80 years young in August and in between time at the local aviation museum and helping the wife breeding miniature poodles, I am beavering away at a 1/72 Avro Lincoln, I worked on the Lincoln as electrical fitter in the RAF and then the EE Canberra Mks B2 and B6. I was with 617 Squadron, the Dam Busters. Any way thats me in a nutshell.

Ken

lastvautour

Welcome Ken. Happy to meet another modelist from the UK. I am part of the Canadian east coast connection. You will find no greater group of enthusiasts when it come to solid models. I am a mere 61 years young and have been modeling for as far back as memory permits. I saw several Canberras while posted to Goose Bay and Gander but could not tell you what mks they were. Here is link to the Gander photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/8416077@N08/2775250506/in/set-72157605081553629/. I will upload those from goose in due time. I look froward to being educated. Again welcome and I look forward to your inputs. Visit often and let us know of your experiences.

Oceaneer99

Ken,

Welcome! Well now your user name makes a lot of sense.  I'm from the Pacific Northwest branch, specifically, Seattle. I visited the new Boeing 787 assembly line a few weeks back, and finally saw one flying last Thursday. Believe it or not, I got to get up close to a WB-57 variant Canberra in 1987 as it was returning from a high altitude research flight, at a NASA facility near Houston. Despite the warm day, the wing frosted over when I touched it.

I read about the 617 in Jalonski's book "Airwar"; you must have some stories.

Garet

I

Balsabasher

Quote from: Canberra Man on March 21, 2010, 12:26:02 PM
Hi from UK.
What a forum, do you lads get time to do anything else?  80 years young in August and in between time at the local aviation museum and helping the wife breeding miniature poodles, I am beavering away at a 1/72 Avro Lincoln, I worked on the Lincoln as electrical fitter in the RAF and then the EE Canberra Mks B2 and B6. I was with 617 Squadron, the Dam Busters. Any way thats me in a nutshell.

Ken

Hello Ken,good to have another Brit on the board,I have built a solid model of the Avro Lincoln also,take a look in balsabashers creations for build pictures of it.
There are some great model builders here with no restrictions on what we build either,thats the beauty of solids,build what you want,keep posting and modelling.

Barry aka Balsabasher.