• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

September 2009 PING!

Started by Oceaneer99, September 02, 2009, 06:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

PING!

STATUS REPORTS! ALL HANDS REPORT! :o

Gallery Stats:   

2905 files in 200 albums and 16 categories with 374 comments viewed 145269 times

Forum Stats:

Total Members:     115
Total Posts:    2611
Total Topics:    355
Total Categories:    9
Users Online:    2
Most Online:      70 - August 29, 2009, 03:33:27 AM
Online Today:    2
Total page views:    388435

;D  :P

lastvautour

Busy busy busy and it is Dave's fault.

Air-Toon
F-102 completed and posted in 64th FIS colours
F-102 in sanding shop - anticipate completion within 4 to 5 days
F-104 awaiting space in paint shop anticipate completion by week's end
F-104 for wife???? Tail and wings started - wood selected for fuselage
F-101 drawings complete - dream stage
F-100 up for consideration
F-105 up fro consideration
F-106 up for consideration

1/144
HMCS Bonaventure - awaiting allocation of time

1/72
Nil

1/48
Canadair Argus - Fuselage shaped awaiting sanding - wings thickness being tapered, anticipate tapering completion by week's end

1/32
F-104 still in paint shop. White colour being applied to vertical tail surface. Having problems with dark primer showing through.
Bristol Bollingbroke - horizontal tail surfaces carved
Beech 18 - shelved again
F-86 shelved still

Plastics on the bench - 1 1/72 Corsair II, 3 1/72 BAe Hawks, 1 Ford Mustang

Finger is healing slowly.

Oceaneer99

In process

1/72 Bristol Spaceplanes Ascender: nearing completion (primer paint only at the moment)

1/500 Wilkes class Destroyer: I'm going to rebuild the superstructure out of different Bristol board this time (third try) and see if I can make progress

1/72 ID Model of Bristol LRQ-1 Troop glider/seaplane: rough cut parts (no change from last month)

1/48 Speed Spitfire: no progress (fuselage shaped, wing rough-cut)

1/350 PT-10: need to re-cut some pieces

Comet PT-9: no progress.  Torpedo tubes nearly complete.  Basic hull and cabin done.

non-solid:

picked up my nickel-scale (12-inch wingspan) balsa and tissue Hawker Hurricane and built the wings last night.  Fuselage framework is complete, and tail surfaces are nearly finished. (was stalled two years)

Peanut-Scale balsa and tissue Helio Super-Courier needs paint and details. (stalled for 12 years)

Yak-17 plastic model (stalled since I started solids years ago!):  need to finish correcting wing shape, assemble fuselage

Planning stage:

Looking at Air-Toons.  Lou says you can draw your own :-)

Selecting another submarine for a 1/350 model

Scaling up SIPA S.70 drawings

Still planning a Nike-Smoke rocket (collaborative project with my brother)

Work Environment:

Working through house project backlog (balcony repairs, new coat racks, paint touch-ups, etc.)

Cleaning out garage workshop

Still planning new basement workshop workbench

Getting an air tank for the airbrush plumbed up with quick-disconnects and regulator

Still thinking about building a spray booth -- have blower fan(s) already

dave_t

Gee Lou, I didn't know that would happen ::), don't blame me.

Barry doesn't have time to post a ping report with his workload.

Garet, maybe you should contract some of your unfinished (stalled) projects out to other members. I like the one that has been stalled for 12 years.

Oceaneer99

Dave, last year I finally got around to painting the wheels of a balsa and tissue plane that I made in high school.  :o

lastvautour

cliff strachan

Garet, I don't know whether I've got you beat or not but if and when I paint my P61 - which I built when I was about 15 - it will have been many many years between start and finish! It's nice to know that sometimes we all experience short delays.

Cliff.

Paul

Yesterday I was at the Oregon Historical Modelling Society's annual contest/show held in Mcminnville OR at the Evergreen Aviation Museum and under the horizontal stabilizer of the Hughes H-1 .  I entered my basswood Heinkel in the scratchbuilt aircraft category and although it is an IPMS event the judges weren't perturbed that I didn't use any plastic.  There were only three entries in the category so I managed to bag second place.

In the dealer area I found an old Strombecker F-84 kit to add to my list of things to do.

Oceaneer99

Paul,

Great showing!  Your Heinkel is an incredible model and certainly deserves the award, even without the plastic  ;)

Garet

Ken Pugh

Concentrating on the monster Hellcat while the F-102 sits there on hold.

Ken Pugh