• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

July 2009 Ping

Started by R.F.Bennett, July 02, 2009, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.F.Bennett

PING!

STATUS REPORTS! ALL HANDS REPORT! :o

Gallery Stats:   

2636 files in 202 albums and 16 categories with 320 comments viewed 130953 times

Forum Stats:

Total Members:     106
Total Posts:    2382
Total Topics:    334
Total Categories:    9
Users Online:    4
Most Online:    68 - August 07, 2008, 05:36:35 PM
Online Today:    7
Total page views:    333939

;D  :P
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Is it July already, well, a few projects on the go this month.

1/350
Tribal Class Destoyer ID model - launch date mid August

1/144
HMCS Bonaventure - no work planned for July - Contractor on holidays.
RCN Trackers - one is completed, other three should be completed by mid month.
SO4050 Vautour required paint and decals. Roll out by mid month

1/72
No projects

1/48
No projects

1/32
WACO Cabin Biplane in block form. Hope to have contour on wings by month's end. Trying to reproduce wing rib details

F-104 has wings faired into intake trunks and trailing edge fillets have been roughed in. Horizontal stab is complete and needs paint.

1/1
Control Handle Grip rough carving.

scottzepher

Quite a few projects on the bench these days, mostly due to the fact that I've finally screwed up my courage and changed the blade on the band saw.  Basic shapes roughed out unless specified

SE-5a fighter (solid modifications to Guillows kit)

Made some mention of this back in our MSN forum.  The wings and fuselage are still balsa framework, but I'm adding solid parts:
Vickers MG:  Most frustrating thing I've ever done.  Four different attempts at the gun stock alone!
Radiator/nose
Propeller
Photos in my Gallery

Dornier Libelle
This was Dornier's first major design, and my entry into the "Flying Boat" cookup (real good thing those don't expire ;D ;D)

Ford Tri-Motor
Basic shapes dreived from that Sterling book we were talking about a while back, but detais (including etched ribbing) are being dreived from Wylam's Air Age plan

Tachikawa Ki-77
All-recycled woods!  

Morane Saulnier
Pieces are finished and await painting and assembly
photos in my Gallery

I'll be starting threads just as soon as I figure out how to paste the @#&$%&* photos into them!

Apologies in advance for the sawdust and spiders!

Tom

Oceaneer99

Summer in Seattle (hence sunny!, so little model progress):

Bristol Spaceplanes Ascender 1/72: progress! Now on fourth or fifth coat of primer, with lots of sanding to get a smooth finish.  I need some more detailing on the smaller parts, which have yet to be attached, but the fuselage-wing assembly is coming along.

Bristol LRQ-1 1/72: parts cut out per ID model plans

Four Stacker DD 1/500: cut out another superstructure from cardstock, still deciding which to use.  Bought a plastic model to see how the bridge details are arranged.

PT-9 by Comet: sorry, no progress

PT-10 1/350: rough-cut parts to make another one

Non-model:

Garden gate featuring plywood canoe paddles - cut out and shaped, needing paint
Major clean-out of basement and garage underway: need to clean out/organize wood stock, tools, nuts and bolts
Suspended canoe-building strongback from the garage ceiling to save floorspace
Parts for new hobby bench seem to have cured nicely (they were green wood)

lastvautour

An awesome series of model photos displayed by Barry. Magnificent models.

Lou

Edit Note RFB
Barry's Gallery  http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

R.F.Bennett

Just a quick note, We are $40.00 short of the mark for a 3 year renewal of our server space. We have enough for a two year renewal which is due in November but if we do 3 years the the 3rd year is half price.
So we think this is the best option, Of coarse any donations at any time are appreciated.
Thanks for the donations Gents, and a big thanks to Garet for managing the money (I know where he lives!) this will keep us going through 2012!  :-*  :o  :P
"The Dude Abides"