Board Stats;

Total Members:     59
Total Posts:    1329
Total Topics:    210
Total Categories:    8
Most Online:    68 - August 07, 2008, 05:36:35 PM
Online Today:    12
Total page views:    15176

Somebody remind me to do this next month, K   ::)
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

A few less projects on the board this month with the completion of the first 1/144 Banshee, the 1/32 Red Knights (T-33 and CT114) and the Convair Charger.

On the bench this month is:

1/144  HMCS Bonaventure - wood purchased for hull
1/144  Banshee - block for fuselages have been cut and started to draw outlines
1/144  Tracker - sanding is continuing with two having visited the paint shop for primer and two still been sanded
1/72 - Ascender III - stalled
1/32 - Hudson bomber wheels installed and flap hinges glued. Fuselage and wing sanded down again and awaiting paint shop time for priming (again)
1/32 - Expeditor, sanding wing curvature following repair work
1/32 - Waco cabin biplane wings being carved (slooooooooowly)

Hoping to revisit
1/48 Canadair Argus -
1/32 CF-100 Canuck

Dream state projects

1/48 SK3 racer
1/32 Airabonita

Other than that it should be a quiet month. No work Tues night as I will be watching my American friend's election results.

1.JaVA_LGorrit

I am currently very busy, not much time to spend with my models:

Finishing the paintjob on my 1:48 P-51B NA "Peggy", just adding the last details and completing the landing gear.
It should be ready next week.
I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

Started on drawing the outlines for my next project: MiG 15.

Ken Pugh

Still working on the monster Hellcat.  I have also been recruited to remodel the bathroom before the grandchildren come up for Thanksgiving.  Spent all October working on the nose of the Hellcat, which is carved from poplar.

Should now be moving into the final shaping and assembly phase since all major subassemblies are now essentially built.  I can't wait to get this thing done.

Ken Pugh

Oceaneer99

I'm kind of stalled out on a lot of projects, but at least got several finished back in September.

Model projects:

1/72 Ascender now has its rocket nozzle and engine nacelles.
PT-9 is still waiting other details (those pesky torpedo tubes are done)
1/72 Bristol LRQ-1 seaplane glider has been rough cut
1/48 Speed Spitfire is still just a fuselage

Model-related:

• I inventoried my balsa and basswood sheets and have been thinking about the best way to store them
  • Still looking up articles on workbenches and planning for a new basement workbench and storage
  • I bought a second-hand book stapler: I'd like to take a PDF of the ID model instructions booklet I have and get it in a format that I can print out center-stapled pamphlets of it.
  • Trying to come up with a magnetic overhead display for my finished models.  The I-16 has been happily hanging from the iron gas pipe as a test.
  • Started a list of "neat to make" models so I won't forget them

Non-model projects:

• I did finish the balcony repairs, at least well enough to last the winter and finish in the spring.
  • My son's kayak still needs its skin to be stapled on the rest of the way.
  • Workshop cleanout is going on in earnest
  • I've done some garage cleanout, but keep getting sidetracked by a persistent roof leak

R.F.Bennett

My YMS is stalled (Contractor disputes, jerk )
Quality control issues on the U.S.S. Preston have required a scrapping of the bridge deckhouse.
1/72 and 1/32 scale P-40 are stalled.
Can't find 1/72 Spitfire  >:(  The FOM (Fuzzy Orange Monster) that stalked the shipyard during the perch build may have made it to the airfield.
Miss Bardahl U-40 is in the decking phase.
Provider shuttle is still in the "How-ma gonna do that?" phase.
Comet PT-9 still waiting on torp tubes.
Strombecker F-86 is waiting on paint.

For the website.

Working on all of the Hobby-Time plans, It will be our first completed set of kit based plans with decals, instructions, patterns and boxtops. Builds will follow.
Working on Uploading the Guillows Spaceships set from the old site.
Strombecker F-86 Decal restoration.
Working on search engine applications.
Building SMM Blog System.
PDF Build for Perch
Finding someone to design a Squadron Patch style logo for use on fund-raising items and promotional items for local chapters.

The Box Project.

"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Most everyone is a busy bee this month. I have just finished a second display unit for my solids. It currently holds my car collection unit the upper shelf is dry.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2254

Also my work area needs some cleaning up. I keep loosing things in there. The two white boxes will become 1/72 and 1/144 scale hangars for photo shoots. Plastics and wood happily mingle together with no problems.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2253

Lou

spider web

Greetings, Having found this forum and actually being able to log on and post
is the high point of my year.  The fun part is connecting with other people with like minded interests.
As an old timer who started learning how to make models around 1939 provided me the skills that has served me well all my life.  "Tom Swift" was a hero of mine.
We were poor but didn't know it !   Given the material shortages of WWII one had to rely on any found material.

Today, I discovered a box of many unfinished models that have been stored for at least thirty years....it's a Christmas present to myself.

F.Y.I.  I landed on the shores of Inchon, Korea in the middle of winter in the early fifties. I served along side of a Canadian Brigade, The 1 st British Commonwealth and the 3 rd British Commandos.  At the time I was with the 101 st Airbourne Div and transferred to 8 th Army, FWD.

What brought this memory back was finding and downloading a print of the "Flower Class" Corvette on this site.......a model is in the works !
I'm also planning a model of the troopship that took me to and from Korea.
She was TAP-114, Wm Mitchell.   On our twenty two day trip from Seattle with no shower and wearing the same underwear we boarded ship with, by the time we went over the side in Inchon, we were ready to take on anyone in site !  There were 2,000 marines and 3,000 Army on the trip over.

Enough already !

What I enjoy about making models of this period was they had caracter !

Happy Thanksgiving !................Jim