• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

June 2008 Ping!

Started by Oceaneer99, June 02, 2008, 06:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Ha, ha, I remembered this time! (Lou keeps me honest)

It's June 1 (or so)!  Let us know what you are up to.

Forum Statistics for June 1, 2008:
31 Members

MonthMay 2008April 2008    March 2008   
New Topics152317
New Members445
Most Online504429
Page views14130139617239   

Gallery:
June 1, 2008: 1270 files in 123 albums and 12 categories with 133 comments viewed 23417 times.
May 1, 2008:  1233 files in 118 albums and 12 categories with 124 comments viewed 17544 times.  There are 29 Members
April 1, 2008: 1008 files in 108 albums and 12 categories with 120 comments viewed 13353 times.  There are 31 Members

Oceaneer99

I'd better give an update this month!

My pink PRU (photo-recon) Spitfire is now pink.  It needs another coat or two, and I need to draw up the decals.  No progress on the other models.

The 1:1 kayak is coming along.  I'm getting ready to epoxy scarph joints the long wood pieces.  I've already planed a whole stack of wood to the right taper using hand tools (even used the drawknife on this one).

June is going to be a slow month for me model-wise, due to other commitments, but I do read the forum regularly.

Garet

lastvautour

I hope to make progress on my new 1/48 scale Canadair Argus, 1/32 CT114 Tutor, 1/32 Lockheed Hudson and the 1/144 scale HMCS Bonaventure. I won $90.00 at the dart banquet so maybe I can get some wood???? I did not finish a single project in May, but have cut out foam for two boxes to hold 3/4 of my solid collection. One box holds 16 models. Pictures to follow!!

Lou
P.S. I check the forum/gallery daily.

Kenny Horne

Hey gang,

As you can guess from my absence of posts, I haven't been able to fit much modeling time in the past spring.  I have been doing quite a bit of woodwork at my day job, and have been writing a series of articles for our students on such imaginative topics as Abrasives and Adhesive and Finishing etc.  Sounds like a how too manual for Solids :-)  On the home front I've been gutting the garage so that I can finally move in my father's lathe, drillpress and bandsaw.  I've a nice bench and good selection of handtools already.  It'll be a nice change to have a good shop at home. 

Take care guys and Keep 'em Carving

Kenny

scottzepher

How 'ya all doing, Fellas!
       Kenny, don't feel bad--you are not the only one.  There have been changes in my household, as you all know, and not long after the funeral my Father-in-Law decided to take my Brother-in-Law's invitation to move in with him.  It was for the best, but to my kids it was like losing both Grandparents to a degree. They've been managing, and the family as a whole is doing allright.
       Lately I've been putting a great deal of time into home improvements myself, particularly our attic.  Unfinished when we bought it (all exposed insulation and beams), we were able to attach drywall a few months later.  Now that we're no longer using it as a bedroom, I am able to plaster the seams, a process practically more time-consuming than applying the drywall in the first place.   
       Tom Beckre