• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

May 1, 2008 Ping!

Started by Oceaneer99, May 03, 2008, 05:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

It's May 1 (or so)!  Let us know what you are up to.

Forum Statistics for May 1, 2008:
29 Members

MonthApril 2008    March 2008    February 2008
New Topics231731
New Members454
Most Online442911
Page views139617239   7759

Gallery:
May 1, 2008:  1233 files in 118 albums and 12 categories with 124 comments viewed 17544 times.  There are 29 Members
April 1, 2008: 1008 files in 108 albums and 12 categories with 120 comments viewed 13353 times.  There are 31 Members

lastvautour

Good weather has slowed things down in eastern Canada. Current activities includes:

Models
1/144 - HMCS Bonaventure < 1%
1/48   - Canadair Argus 1%
1/72   - WACO Cabin Biplane 25% most likely scrap and redo in 1/32 scale

Ongoing projects a little sanding here and there

Misc
Experimenting with rib detail - ongoing
Multi Scale photo hangar  30%
Carrying box  5%
Yardwork unending
Reorganize basement after shower leak ruined several plastic kit decal sheets

cliff strachan

How many members do we now have? Or have all or how many members from the old site have yet to come over? Hope I'm wrong but it seems that many members have yet to rejoin so to speak.

Cliff.

Ken Pugh

My submarine is complete and the monster Hellcat is ongoing.  I am now looking for my next small project to provide the diversion needed for sanity during the large project.

Possibilities from the following list of started projects:

Elephant sculpture (also a major project)
Fireball XL-5
America's Cup J boat Rainbow
Fishing trawler Mare Nostrum, plank on bulkhead (large project)

For new projects, possibly a pair of P-47 Thunderbolts, one for me and one for my pastor, who the Hellcat is also for.

On the bonus side of life, a furniture company next door to my wife's job will be donating hardwood scraps to my stockpile.  He asked if I could use poplar, cherry, oak, etc.  My answer was "Yes!!!!"  I don't like the oak but it could be useful in building jigs and tools.

Ken Pugh

Oceaneer99

Cliff,

I forgot to include the number for the forum, which is 29 members.  This is of course far less than the number who were signed on at the MSN site (196).  However, many of those members hadn't logged in for years.  The new site is designed so that you don't need to register unless you would like to post, so we are likely to have more guests who check in once in a while without posting.  This is just fine, and I know many of us did the same until we started building solid models in earnest.

Just yesterday, we had 47 separate individuals look at the forum, which I think is a pretty good number!  The numbers started to spike up after Lou showed his models at a model show at a mall and passed out cards with the solid model memories url on it!

Garet

Oceaneer99

I finally started mixing pink paint for my photo-recon PRU Spitfire!  I'm waiting for the test splotches to dry so I can pick the best one.

Garet

lastvautour

Have you tried Testor's "salmon".

Lou

Oceaneer99

Dooh!  I must have missed it when I bought my Testors' Flat White and Insignia Red.  The color I mixed up looks a lot like Testors' salmon.

Garet