• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

March 2008 PING!

Started by Oceaneer99, March 03, 2008, 05:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Hello, all, it is time for the March 2008 ping!

Let us know what you're up to.

Gallery statistics:

853 files in 104 albums and 12 categories with 103 comments viewed 8628 times.  There are 23 Members.

Last month:
458 files in 76 albums and 10 categories with 38 comments viewed 5946 times.  There are 16 Members.

Forum:

518 Posts in 92 Topics by 21 Members

Last month:
270 Posts in 62 Topics by 17 Members.

lastvautour

March already, time does fly. here are my current projects.

The Expeditor is just waiting its turn to go to the paint shop.

The Tutor is in the paint shop.

A new addition to the Bonnie is a Seaking helicopter. Five bladed rotors are not as bad as I had feared. The Bonnie is coming along well with side details being added daily.

The Hudson is moving along as a snail's pace these days. The first nacelle has been attached but I fear it may be misaligned.

New this month is another ship in the yard. Three Loch Class Frigate were transfered to the Royal Canadian Navy although only two saw limited action.

Other minor projects have made so little progress they need not be mention here today. All in all, Feb was a good month having completed a 1/350 Tracker and HO4S.

Oceaneer99

I didn't make a lot of model progress in February, but here are the updates:

PT-10 is finished. She is currently in transit to Lou for a photo shoot with the Enterprise.  Actually, she is now overdue, and hasn't contacted either Lou or me to let us know where she is.

Bristol Spaceplanes Ascender fuselage has been rounded, putty has been applied to fill some scoring lines made as references during wing-fuselage blending.

Lisa Hy-Bird purple paint and black canopy have been completed.  Solar panel decals have been drawn.  I just need to draw the Lisa logo and print decals.

No progress on other model projects.

On the paperwork/plans front, I worked with Kenny and others to scan, process, and post all of the Navy WW II ID model plans.  This ate into a lot of the wood chip time, but it was worth it!

I took photos of a Thiokol Imp snow-cat I ran across while playing in the snow in the Cascade mountains last month.  I wasn't able to get a top-view photo  ;) but did get straight-on photos of sides, front, and back.  It might be a good candidate for a Craft-o-Kit British Tank style of model.

I made continued improvement in the basement work area.  New shelves have left the workbench free of excess supplies.  The photo lamps are now fluorescent and much brighter and cooler than the incandescent ones they replaced.  I permanently mounted them to the bottom of the cabinet over my wife's sewing table (so I can say that I was just trying to improve the lighting for her).  I still need to manually adjust the white balance of the camera, but the permanent mounting makes it easier to take progress photos.

On the tool front, I bought a small gouge and started work on a homemade 1/8" chisel, which I detailed in the tool part of the forum.  I have canvas which I plan to use to make tool rolls for storing files, chisels, and similar tools.

Garet