1/60 Curtiss-Wright CW-21 Completed 29 Jan 2022

Started by Boomerang, December 29, 2021, 01:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Thanks Fraser,

Pushing on slowly.

Gordon

Boomerang

Have applied the base coat of Green on upper surfaces. Bottom surface is Silver.

Undercarriage doors done from white plastic take away coffee top.

Spinner turned up using a drill. Propeller blades yet to be done . Inner cowl needs to be worked over with rotary tool.

Suitable side number sourced for decal.

pictures to follow.

Cheers

Gordon

Gordon

Boomerang

Nearly done . Propeller and spinner require more work.

Tossing up whether to do "357 " which has white stripes on fuselage or "357" doesn't.
No national makings on upper wings only on fuselage sides.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Work with rotary tool on front end . Applied black and dry brushed some silver. Looks OK . I'll leave it at that.

Gordon

lastvautour

Looks awesome Gordon. Markings will complete the package.

Lou

K_mars

I am looking forward to the completion.

Kenji

Boomerang

Decals applied. Final touch up and it is finished.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

lastvautour

Excellent model Gordon. A terrific addition to your collection.

Lou

Dave T

I like the lines of this plane. I wonder if any of the full-sized version still exist.

Boomerang

Thank you Lou.

Would be good if one was still extant. Most I would say were lost in action.

There are pictures around of one? In Japanese markings for testing along with other aircraft from Java etc..,

The "Demonstrator" looks good too. I couldn't find anything on colour scheme though. Had retracts like P-40.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

While going through old posts I can upon a CW-21 model by Tim Eckensviller http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1400.15

I did the upload to the site but had completely forgotten about it. I extended an invitation to SMM, but alas a year had gone by without any commitment.

Lou

Gearup

Well done model Gordon. I always like landing gear installations (go figure it was a specialty of mine in later years) The gear doors are unique with what look like hinged outer doors that travel with the lower strut while attached to the upper strut. Knowing how landing gears shimmy, it must have been interesting trying to keep those doors from falling apart! It's a great detail on your model.
Fraser

Boomerang

Thank you Fraser.

The undercarriage stands out in pictures . So I had to work out how to do it.

Cheers

Gordon