• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

COVID -19 use of time

Started by Boomerang, May 15, 2020, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Using the time to finish and revamp a few models.

The CH -1 is nearly completed . Just need to add engine and propeller. Not doing the rigging or aileron hinges.

The Cierva c-30 Avro Rota MK1 - revamped the squadron codes and the roundels . the previous efforts were hand painted.

The Cierva C-25 - decal for speed bird. Previous effort was hand painted. General touch up and possible add details to rotor hub. Repair propeller and stub wing and touch up red trim.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Nice to see keeping busy. Nice work on those models.

Lou

buccfan

Very nice Gordon, the speedbird decals look good. Regards Paul J.

Jim

And so it goes...

Gearup

Very nice. The gyrocopters are such a unique subject.

Boomerang

Thank You all.

I've decided to add to the grandson's air force.

An F-100 and a Skyhawk  catapult or chuck glider. compliments the 25 year old P-40 and Mustang that his father and aunt had growing up.

Lots of fun to.

Cheers

Gordon

Stay Safe

Gearup

Great fun! I've also got grandson projects, not that thats a problem. :) :)
Fraser

lastvautour

Memories of Jetfire chuck gliders. Thanks for posting.

Lou

buccfan

Looks like fun Gordon. Regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Had a good 1/2 hour or so yesterday afternoon when they dropped round after school.

Gordon

Boomerang

Soooo... The Caproni is finished. The Avro Rota has been upgraded. The C.25 requires a little more work.

Re-trimmed the F-100 glider and it  goes heaps better. The Skyhawk requires a bit more tweaking.

Made two more a Venom from a plan I found on the internet and an F9F Panther that I used a set of 1/48th drawings I have.
3/32 balsa fuselage and nose doubler's  . 1/16 balsa the rest. put 3/4 of an inch dihedral on the wings and it flies a treat.
The Venom goes well too. Based on the success of the Panther I might try a few more..

Cheers
Gordon

Stay safe all

buccfan

Very good Gordon, reminicent of the profile jets that were posted on here a while ago. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Nice going on those flyers. Made me look to see if I had some balsa. Too bad I don't. I will have to enjoy through your efforts.

Lou

Boomerang

Trying to work through the stash built up over the years.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Regarding the balsa stash. My son is into RC and for Christmas I cut out a kit of parts for and electric Dewoitine D-510 .

For the last week or so I have started building it for him. While things are drying on it I'm working on the Hawk 75.

Cheers

Gordon