• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

World War One Armistice 100th Anniversary - Cook Up

Started by lastvautour, December 05, 2017, 12:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

A good start on the F2b.Looking forward to your progress shots.

Gordon

lastvautour

Nieuport 11 lower wing glued as well as the tail feathers. Undercarriage structure is completed and need painting before attaching.

Lou

Boomerang

Have put primer on Wing and tail plane for the Fokker D-VIII.

Gordon

lastvautour

lastvautour

The prop has been attached to the engine, the tail skid is in place and the main strut bindings are done.

Lou

buccfan

lastvautour

Wings glued and I wish I had installed the control column, seat and instrument panel first but there is room do do so later. The rigging has been started. I drilled holes for the mono-film fishing line and used super glue at one end. Once totally set, I suspended a clamp to bring the line tight and used another bead of superglue to hold in place. I will then snip the extra and use a drop of paint to fill the area.

Lou

Boomerang

Main bits for Fokker D-VIII .
Have to work out how and what to do the struts with.
I chose the Fokker for the minimum of struttery and rigging.

Still a challenge is good for the brain.

Cheers
Gordon

Boomerang

The cowling is still attached to its handle ( makes things a little easier) and I will be doing a "half Oberursal"

Gordon

lastvautour

Coming along nicely but I want super details on how you are dealing with the cowling. I had to start over three times before getting only a reasonable facsimile.   

Boomerang

I've decoded on how I'm going to finish the EV/DVIII .
Follow the link and the bottom two pictures show Fokker EV 201/18.
The rudder is done in Belgian colours. The fin, tailplane  and fuselage are in lozenge. The cowling and wheel covers are in my opinion "yellow".
In both pictures there is a roundel on the bottom surface of the starboard wing.
I'm assuming that the wing would have been "green" top and bottom. Not to sure of fuselage longerons .There is a colour variation.
I shall think on it a bit more.

A replica of this machine was built and flown in 2005. Overall green with roundels and a white "17" .
I've managed to conjure up some homemade lozenge decals. I've painted the rudder and applied a decal to the fin.
Still working on the cowling.

Wheels have been done using a balsa core faced both sides with thin ply. The tyres are from electrical flex insulation joined with a short length of wire. Grey primer was used for the tyres and then graphite appilied with a brush . Sealed with Matt clear

http://www.aresgames.eu/14253.

I'll see if I can get a worthwhile picture up before I go away for a week ( off to build a skin on frame kayak course in Tasmania with my son).   

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

lastvautour

Roll out 8 Apr 2018. In comparison to other aircraft of the time it is rather small.

Lou

Boomerang

Well Done ! Lou. Looks terrific.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour