• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

May 2012 Ping - Asleep at the wheel.

Started by lastvautour, May 16, 2012, 04:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

My apologies for missing out on calling to arms at the beginning of May. I will forego the stats for this month but will resume in June.

Lou - The Late

lastvautour

Nothing new to rteport that has not been reported earlier on other posts, however in keeping with the spirit of the law:

WWII ID + Mosquito is painted and awaits exhaust and tail wheel. Both are constructed and currently being painted before attaching. Decals are still in the wind for now.
WWII ID + Devastator is primed and awaits "Intermediate Blue" paint to be applied. Still need whirly prop and decals.
AirToon F-18 fleet has fuselage and wings assembled and first coat of sealer has been applied. The vertical tails are constructed and matched to the airframes with round toothpicks. They await sanding before securing to the fuselage. All undercarriage parts have been completed and painted as well as the Sparrow missiles. The Sidewinders are still in toothpick form.
CU-170 Heron - From photo only. Little progress. Measurements of the wing span using photo data came out 3 scale feet sort of the stated wing span so I will be using the stated wing span and go from there.
WWII ID + reduced to 1/144 scale - Mustang Mk 1 is awaiting delivery of decals from CanMilAir. I am debating adding undercarriage at this point.

Shelved indefinitely - 1/144 HMCS Bonaventure, 1/48 Argus and 1/32 Sabre.

Milling at the outer edges of my mind is an AirToon Phantom II

Lou

PS. New camera in my possession but need to figure out how to take photos.

lastvautour

WW ID + Mosquito done
WWII ID Devastator Done
AirToon F-18 Done (USN Naval Aviation Centennial)
1/144 Mustang Done

CO-170 on hold

lastvautour

WWI and WWII Hangars are at http://kampfgruppe144.com/downloads_All_00.htm There is a number of free downloads available.

Lou