• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

March 2012 PING

Started by lastvautour, March 02, 2012, 06:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Ping Ping Ping, All hands on deck!

Spring is just around the corner. March came in like a lamb, turned into a lion and left a few inches of snow. Is your March going to be a lamb or a lion. Lets hear what is going on on your work bench.

Total Members: 274
Total Posts: 7785
Total Topics: 789
Total Categories: 9
Users Online: 13
Most Online: 70 - August 29, 2009, 04:33:27 AM
Online Today: 19
Total page views: 1272803
  Average registrations per day: 0.24
Average posts per day: 5.42
Average topics per day: 0.59
Total Boards: 57
Latest Member: roadkill1954
Average online per day: 13.51
Male to Female Ratio: 1:0
Average page views per day: 827.03

Top 10 Posters 
lastvautour  2357
Balsabasher  966
Oceaneer99  718
R.F.Bennett  432
cliff strachan  428
dave_t  422
Ken Pugh  345
Mark Braunlich  295
Peter  163
K_mars  128
Top ten boards
Cook-ups and Group Builds  1365
General Discussion  1364
Lou's Projects  1016
Monthly PING!  686
BalsaBasher's Board  418
Ken's Projects  278
Mark Braunlich's Board  195
Model Of the Year   186
Questions About use.  147
Kenji's Projects  147

lastvautour

Just purchased some plexiglass to make my first case. Photos will follow if the project is successful. I also had some good fortune to get three pieces of clear pine. Each piece was 16" long and 3",6" and 10" width. All for $3.30 CDN tax included. The Plexiglass was $11.00 CDN so there goes my allowance for this month.

On the bench:

1/144 scale - Gloster Meteor Mk 7 - Painting complete. Decals ordered as my home made RCAF roundels in that scale are poor quality.
1/144 scale - HMCS Bonaventure - Nil progress
1/72 scale - Bell P-39 Aircobra WWII ID + - all components glued and fairings applied using putty. Ready for primer.
1/72 scale - Beech 18 - in paint shop - Will use decals from Hobbycraft Expeditor kit.

Balsabasher

Well today I managed to get into the workshop for the first time in weeks,this has been due to my awful start to the new year and something that I had certainly not planned for ! today I played around with my new lathe and turned up a pair of large radial engines for something to experiment with,these may just be incorporated into a suitable solid model if successful ?

Also a Sikorsky S-38 amphibian was crated up all ready for shipment to a collector,if I need some new item of equipment etc then the odd model may be sold and in this particular case I have a spare model anyway,with so many models in my collection it is no big deal and as the collection is now packed and stored they do not see the light of day.

My original plan was to try and establish a proper museum for them at the local airport alongside acollection of vintage aircraft but this idea was met with lukewarm interest,I have not given up entirely on the idea but for the time being this is a low priority on my list as I have more important things on my mind.

Thats about all there is to report at the moment,once I get myself back to full strength and good health again then things will change.

Barry.

Ken Pugh

Glad to see you back at it, Barry.  Maybe if you glued your models together in a lump they would think it was art and proudly display it, especially if you could find some way to offend someone in the process!

Ken Pugh

cliff strachan

Glad to see you're up and about Barry and back at the bench feeling better.

Cliff.

Balsabasher

Thank you Ken & Cliff,those kind thoughts help me a lot,the nights are getting a bit longer with some interesting sunsets,spring/fall is not far away now and a great time for inspiration as well.
Barry.

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Update on what's occurring in the Antipodes.

-  Delanne  sort of on hold and residing in it transportation box. Hasn't been forgotten though.

-  Flycatcher.. Progressing

- Cierva C 30... Progressing

- Caproni CH 1... Progresssing

I'll post a picture of the trio as they are to date and start a topic with the details

Cheers
   Gordon

Balsabasher

Some good projects on the go there Gordon,I love the Cierva C.30 Autogiro and have built a few of these myself over the years.
Barry.

lastvautour

Last chance to get in before the month ends.

Lou