February 2012 Ping

Started by lastvautour, February 04, 2012, 03:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Get well, Barry. Hang tough!

jim
And so it goes...

Balsabasher

Thank you Cliff for your kind words of support,I have lived with the cancer now for some 15 years having declined the risky operations which can spread the problem,they told me without the op I would live two years,I am still here to tell the tale sans operation !! as you say it is a fine balancing act.
A new drug has been developed unfortunately it costs £3,000 per person to treat per month,the UK national health service have declined to introduce it into the system due to the high cost,what price life ?
Barry.

cliff strachan

Hi Barry, You have certainly had a difficult time as of late and as you've described. I sincerely hope things look better from now on. The Prostate Support Group that I referred to, and those other such associations in other countries, have generally a long-term approach: to encourage all males over the age of 40 to have their PSA's checked - and to know it and record it; to exchange experiences; to distribute information concerning the many various alternative treatments, and; to keep members informed of any new medications or techniques available to name but a few goals. I urge you to seek out such a group when you are feeling better. In the meantime or short-term in which your case seems to fall I feel that your best approach is to follow your doctor's advice,and to, if necessary, proceed directly to an emergency care facility if required. This is not intended to be alarmist but occasionally we have to stay ahead of things. As you have mentioned that is certainly an expensive medication. Perhaps there exists another alternative.

Finally, this is probally not the forum to carry on a discussion of this nature. Rather you are invited to get in contact  with me direct using my email if I can be of assistance.

Cliff.

Ken Pugh

As far as I know, the Officer's Lounge is the perfect place to discuss these matters.  Information that helps our group outside of the model building field is, in my opinion, very welcome.  There may be others, now and in the future, who could benefit.  If anyone is so inclined, start a topic in the Officer's Lounge and put out whatever info may be of use for others.

Ken Pugh

cliff strachan

A short reply to Ken Pugh's suggestion that the Officer's Lounge may be a more appropriate place to post more sensitive messages. I agree that since this group is primarily to date comprised of men perhaps the Officer's Lounge is the place to discuss health and other matters as they affect men principally. Perhaps we - or Ray - should come forth with support of such an idea. As a start I'll suggest that the topic may fall under the heading of PSA.

Cliff.

R.F.Bennett

The Ping is a place for members to let us know how they are doing and what is going on in their life. It was started as a way to get members to "Speak Up" and update us on their projects and their lives. As well as a place for us to let them know what the site stats are up to. It is sort of a group journal in a sense, letting future members know what we were up too. The Officer's Lounge is for more in depth conversation and is set up to let members start their own topics even if unrelated to modeling. It is, in short, up to you what you put there. It is there, Where I will soon post my retirement announcement.
I hope you are well Barry, I feel your pain, I have a wonkee prostate too.
"The Dude Abides"

Balsabasher

I agree,these conversations sometimes get deeper than at first intended,Cliff I have sent you a pm.
Perhaps we can do a new line in wooden bits R.F !?
Barry.

cliff strachan

Barry, Would you send me a message with your email address on it. I've tried to  check your email address using what appears to be your old email address. It came back undelivered.
Cliff.

Kenny Horne

Hey Barry,

wishing you quick recovery, and fun on that new lathe.  Must admit that the lathe has stolen most of my modelling time as of late...

Take care,

Kenny