• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

November 2011 Ping

Started by lastvautour, November 02, 2011, 02:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mothman

Oh, well, then.
Since I'm only just making my first aircraft, which my daughter still hasn't sent me the pictures of, here's some other jobs I've carved.
First the brass.  This was ordered in the morning by phone and sent by the afternoon's last post!
For an Alfa based Monopoly game for a Midlands Giftware company.
Martin

Mothman

A couple of Astons in 1/20th scale for Aston Martin's giftware range. These were cast in resin and heavily electro-formed in 7thou. silver and hallmarked,
Carved in CIBATool resin block in one piece, no filler, with brass wheels and tyres.  Pirelli PZero tyre treads done with photo-etching from my artwork.

Martin

Mothman

Finally, for now, a 1/5th scale BSA DBD34 Clubman "Gold Star" engine and gearbox.
Largely carved from brass, the fins are separately carved and then dropped one by one over a piece of 15mm gas pipe, set in the crankcase.
The nuts round the timing case and on the kick start are real 16BA ones, screwed on then locked with Loctite from a needle.  The crossed rifles on the stand were home etched using nail varnish and sulphuric acid!

Martin

Balsabasher

Outstanding work Martin,I really like the detail in that engine,a challenging subject,you will have no problem with a few solids,a fine pedigree.
Barry.

lastvautour

Balsabasher

Just like artists white out,do not worry Lou help is at hand,SMM support group is at your disposal,take a small break because sometimes it is needed,a week or so and you will be carving away merrily again.
November is never a very inspirational month with the grey weather outside here at least.
Barry.

Ken Pugh

You just got through doing something rather complicated so go for something simple or something completely different.  I am going the boat route.  Before I jump into the J boat in water, I am thinking of doing a 1:1200 ship.  Since I am still thinking, the topic is a secret for now.  I am using a card model as the template basis for the model.

Different or simple.  Low stress and something that will let your mind wander to what you really want to tackle next.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

lastvautour

A quote from Pete Morro and pictures of his last creation the B-70.

Hi, Lou

The latest from old "one eye".....I'm still not driving - no peripheral vision! Bottom half blurred. The eye seems to be improving....the Doc said 60 days, so maybe by Christmas I''ll be back to normal.

Stumbling my way through an EC121 now......Things are going slowly!....Pete

Lou