Top 10 Topics (by Replies)
Air-Toons  147
Continuation of the P-40 Group Build  110
Where should I start - A Spitfire ID Model  107
HMCS Bonaventure 1/144 Scale Started 1 April 2008  94
WWII ID Models Vol I Feb 2008 - Dec 2010  89
Century jets cookup  85
"Flower Class Corvette"  82
DH-106 Comet .........................................(Completed 13 August 2011)  75
An International Build  71
Flying Boat Cook Up  68

Top 10 Topics (by Views)
HMCS Bonaventure 1/144 Scale Started 1 April 2008  5619
WWII ID Models Vol I Feb 2008 - Dec 2010  5077
Flying Boat Cook Up  4978
New plan Posted  4489
The Box Project  4237
Kamehameha - Naval Cookup  3661
An International Build  3431
Century jets cookup  3359
A beginner's guide to solid models - Convair Charger  3318
Progress Reports  3309

Gallery stats:
5,818 files in 298 albums and 16 categories with 806 comments viewed 753,565 times

lastvautour

Please note we have just turned 3/4 million views on the gallery.

lastvautour

Not much on the go in my shop. Working on finding a decent picture of the Royal Gull undercarriage and need to buy some chrome yellow paint for my Peashooter wings. I also started (heaven forbid) a plastic 1/48 Skyraider. Argus and Sabre still idle.

Lou

Ken Pugh

Balsabasher

Well not a good start to the month,just scrapped a weeks work today when I forgot to put release agent on my Bristol Buckingham moulds,result one solid mass of latex rubber,attempts to chisel it open resulted in further damage.
Think I will just build a small interesting solid to cheer me up,these things happen all part of the ongoing learning curve.
Barry.

Paul

I've got the major components of the Stinson A glued together, so I will be starting the finishing process this month.

Ken Pugh

Ouch, Barry.

Glad it wasn't on some long-term large project.  Lessons learned from mistakes are the ones we keep.

Ken Pugh

Oceaneer99

I still don't have much going on in the model area at the moment.  Soccer season just ended, which hopefully will help our family's schedule a bit.

For Halloween, I ended up sewing two canvas tunics so that my sons could dress up like Jedi Knights, and I made up a pair of Han Solo's trousers so I could go to a costume party with them.

With some of the left-over canvas, I finally got around to making a tool roll for my files, at least my 8-inch files.  I have some bigger files that are still trying to beat each other to oblivion in a tool drawer, so I'll need to make a second one.  I still need to add a tie to one edge of the roll, but then I'll take some photos and post them.

Garet

Mothman

Barry, I hate to be wise after the event, but if you used silicon, you wouldn't need release agent.
I've never used it for silicon.  It just pops off a treat. More expensive, but much finer.

Martin

Balsabasher

Martin I assumed this to be Latex but am now wondering ? the name is Polytek PT Flex 70,does that ring a bell with you Martin ?
Barry.

cliff strachan

In keeping with the spirit of the PING I regret to advise  the group that, while I was hopping that my P51 and Mosquito would be finished by or rather before the end of 2011, it looks that at least the Mustang will not be finished in the time period that I thought would be sufficient. It would be easier to understand why when I also remark that the P51 would be better called something like "Learner - One" for that pretty much describes its contribution. In fact it just may have a misadventure on its test flight.

Cliff

Mothman

Barry, that sounds very fancy, but I don't know the name.  But you now have what my chum uses (via PM) so you can't really go wrong.
Here's some of what he's done in the resin he mentioned, from my patterns.

The wee Sprite/Midget was mastered in carved pearwood, just like SMM!

Cheers,
Martin

Balsabasher

Outstanding workmanship Martin,now that is the colour of the resin that I need for my project, a kind of biscuit colour.
Barry.

Mothman

Barry, thanks. I'm not sure if anything other than aircraft is welcome on here so I haven't thought to put anything else up, although all my work is effectively carved from solid including the brass pieces.
That resin is the norm, though I have recently seen two models cast in a grey one which feels a little springy, which is obviously better for the slot racers who crash a lot!

Martin

Balsabasher

Martin if it is carved from wood then it is eligible,we have had all sorts of interesting things made by those on SMM from spaceships to our recent octypus ! it is not restricted to aircraft but ships and boats etc as well.
Barry.