• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

February 2019 Ping

Started by lastvautour, February 02, 2019, 05:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Forum has seen nearly double the views over Jan 2018. The gallery is has had nearly 12000 views this past month with a grand total of 3,413,649. The SMM 2018 poster is still in the works, but other priorities has delayed it somewhat.

Lou

lastvautour

I have a big goal of making 12 wood and 12 plastic models this year.

So far I have chosen two Mustang Mk Is for completion by month's end and some work on the Bonnie and Bruno Stilman.
I hope to complete these :

1/32 Biplane (Fokker D VII ?)
1/32 High Wing Wonder(Citabria CF-JDN on skis)
1/32 CF-100 Mk 3(currently on hold)
1/48 Airacobra (Possibly the Airabonita)
1/72 Bleniem Mk I
1/72 Helldiver
1/72 Canadair Argus(currently on hold)
1/144 AN 26 in UN Colours
1/144 DHC-3 Otter in UN Colours
And 2 more as of yet identifies.

These are in no particular order but most have colours schemes already chosen.

Lou

Boomerang

X-3 Finished.

CH-1 has progressed somewhat.

Flycatcher is not forgotten.

Flying Flea will be next

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Activities at Lou's assembly line and shipyard was closed for three days due to a real life propane leak. Pretty scary once you start thinking about what could have happened. Regardless, it is cooler in the basement as two small space heaters are heating 1000 sq ft with neither being in my shop area. I managed an hour working on my Bonnie's island and main mast before accidentally knocking the main structure off the bench. I was lucky and no major damage. 60F/15C is not ideal for delicate work. I hope to replace the propane heater with a heat pump within the next few weeks and return to my usual routine.

Lou

Waxer

Noticed I've been a member since 2012. Just now started on my first solid (Spitfire). I'll get some pictures of the build up this weekend.  Thanks for keeping this site alive and all the great info !!!
WAXER

lastvautour

Welcome back Waxer. I look forward to you photos.

Lou