• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

February Ping 2013

Started by lastvautour, February 01, 2013, 01:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The gallery is nearing 1.5 million views.
6,689 files in 312 albums and 17 categories with 720 comments viewed 1,417,288 times

The forum is showing good input for January. Please keep up the chatter.

Total Members:                           285
Total Posts:                               9,475
Total Topics:                               905
Total Categories:                            9
Total page views:               1,795,355
Average posts per day:                5.38
Total Boards:                                 58
Latest Member:                       skiphas
Average online per day:               16.9
Average page views per day:    957.52

Top 10 Posters

lastvautour           2983
Balsabasher          1239
Oceaneer99           760
cliff strachan          574
R.F.Bennett           436
Ken Pugh              393
Mark Braunlich      370
buccfan                286
Peter                   276
K_mars               138

Top 10 Boards

Cook-ups and Group Builds
General Discussion
Lou's Projects
Monthly PING!
BalsaBasher's Board
Ken's Projects
Mark Braunlich's Board
Model Of the Year
What The. . . ?
Officer's Lounge

lastvautour

Lou's bench is full but nothing is ready to roll off the assembly line. Life is as follows:

1/48 Aermacchi MB-339 is about 90% complete with some filling and sanding before sealing and painting. Finding decals is a problem. Do to the fancy colours the lettering is out of my league.
1/48 Argus had some sanding of the tail feather done last month. I still will try to finish it in 2013.
1/144 Bonnie aft flight deck catwalks are being prepared for assembly. A rework of the flight deck angled edges had to be done to more accurately portrait the curved surface.
None solid wood related work include 4 plywood Christmas reindeers I hope to sell next fall to generate funds for more building materiel. In 1/144 plastic I have 3 F-15 Eagles and a Boeing  707-720B (CC-137 Husky in Canadian Forces colours) on the bench.

Lou

PS to new members. I am willing to provide one on one tutorials to get you going.

buccfan

Phantom in hand with paint scheme. I don't know what else will get started at the moment as I am starting some remodelling work in the house which will take up most of my time once the weather improve, but as I have an F18 started I will try to progress on that. I have also just completed an F18 Egg plane in plastic.Regards Paul J.

Balsabasher

Gearing up for some projects in the spring,its too cold for the workshop at the moment and some days unable to get there due to flooding of roads and recent snow,we have had more rain this year than any time in the UK's recent weather history,everywhere is sodden and like a sponge,vegetables are getting scarce and expensive,lots of imports.

But being unable to cut wood has not stopped me from planning things,I am looking for a thee view for the Fairchild PT-23,a friend has just purchased one in the States and I thought it would be nice to build a couple,one for myself and one for him as a gift,plenty of challenges with radial exposed engine and fixed undercarriage and open cockpits,a real vintage machine.

The two Avro Anson's are stuck on the bench awaiting sanding of the enormous filletsthat were made from DAS modelling clay,ideal for this type of application.

On the model front here in the lounge I continue with the two 1=24th scale Avro Lancaster's,only been on them now for three years built the tailplane this week,not really a solid but super detail built up structure,one at least is earmarked for a museum,it is keeping me busy.

Planned also are DH.87B Hornet Moth,Piper Pawnee,Miles Sparrowjet and Somers Kendal SK-1 so plenty of drawing and template work to do in readiness.

Also planning on getting a suitable shed as a solid model outstation for doing carving jobs when I cannot get to workshop,I have plenty of spare equipment to equip it.

So its going to be a busy year,cannot wait to get whittling again.

Barry aka Balsabasher.

lastvautour

It is good to see you active Barry. There are many aspects to our passion. Planning is just one of them.

Lou

lastvautour

Too quiet in here.

On my bench as off today.
1/144 Bonnie
1/144 Plastic F-15C, F-15D & F-15E
1/144 Plastic Boeing 707-720B RCAF
1/48   MB-339
1/48   DH-100 Vampire
1/32   CF-5A   Freedon Fighter 434 Squadron
1/6 (?) Christmas Reindeers X 4 filling and sanding

Let's hear it out there even if you are not doing anything. Drop in to say hello.

Lou

buccfan

Phantoon build is finished, apart from the stand. I will post pics when complete. Plastic, I may start another Egg Plane now the F18 is done, I can do those in between work on the house  on my indoor bench in the warm. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

And the rains came down. Well not exactly. A pipe broke in my basement and most fortunate is that the only damage was to my photo op hangar. It is still drying, but I fear I will need another.

Lou

buccfan

Bad luck Lou, looks a bit much for your army of little workers to repair, how long did it take you to build that from scratch ?. Regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Cierva C-30 finished .
  Proceeding on with the others that I've got in varying stages of construction .
  We've had floods in the north and still have bushfires in the south

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

The hangar just took me a few weeks but I have so many things on the go right now it will have to wait.

Lou