• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Cessna Cook-Up

Started by lastvautour, March 04, 2010, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Garet and I will be doing some Cessna aircraft. All are welcomed to join in.

I have chosen the Cessna O-2B Skymaster because Garet's dad flew them. The O-2B version was also and observation aircraft hence it fits the observation group build as well. I used my bandsaw with a metal cutting blade to cut through the 6cm thick block of jelutong.

I hope others will join in.

Lou

lastvautour

The undercarriage is made by laminating bamboo slats that have been soaked overnight in water. Once placed on the mold, lots of glue was applied and then held in place with elastic bands. The result is a wood part that holds its shape.(so far). The remaining parts require sanding, priming and test fitting.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-4099
Lou

lastvautour

The model has the first coat of paint. Once cured, it will be given a second coat. This paint does not go on very well but it is the only USAF "Aircraft Grey" available to me.

lastvautour

Done! Garet where is yours?

Oceaneer99

Very nice job, Lou!  Mine is, umm, we may need to take mine straight off the civilian production line!  (n.b.: that's how the Air Force got the O-2B, which were different than the military-only O-2A).

Garet

lastvautour

Thanks Garet. I finally found a decent 3 view, but alas I was done my carving and sanding by then.

Lou

dave_t

Lou, what scale is the O-2?

lastvautour

1/32 scale. I should have mentioned that. She has a 14 inch wing span and balances on her wheels.

Lou

lastvautour

Garet, where is your Cessna? Here are three that I have constructed since this cook-up was open.

Lou

Dave T

It should be finished by now. ;)

lastvautour

The previous post was 11 years ago. I hope it is ready by Tuesday  ;D

Lou