• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/40 Messerschmitt Me 163 commenced January 2023 Completed 22 Aug 23

Started by Boomerang, June 22, 2023, 12:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

I thought I had best put something up.

In the finishing stages. Still have to print some decals. Make the wind driven generator prop and a tail wheel.

At this stage of proceedings I think I will leave off the Main undercarriage.

I will finish this as the Komet flown by Eric Brown post war. VF241.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Looks excellent Gordon. Note much on range, however they would go like a bat out of hell for those few minute the fuel lasted,

Lou

Boomerang

It did. The fuel mix was very volatile . As I did with the 162 going over the colours RLM 81/82.

Not going to get to bogged down with it though.

Decals sorted.Slight adjustment required.

Found out during some recent head scratching that the wings  were plywood covered.

Gordon

lastvautour

The great thing about about wooden wings is no ribbing or panel lines on the skin. What is your wingspan?

Lou

Boomerang

Bit colour going on.

Decals still to be sealed.

Still figuring out the generator propeller and tail wheel.

Gordon

lastvautour

Looking good Gordon. This qualifies as an early jet despite the rocket engine.

Lou

Boomerang

Thanks for that Lou.

Pushing on.

An idea for a cook up would be anything "tailless" . Some interesting and obscure designs around.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Boomerang

There are lots. Have had drawings for Skyray and Skylancer for a while. Waterman Arrow and Aerobile to name a few.

Gordon

lastvautour

Should we proceed, I will start a group build. Due to its small size, I will probably do 1/72 scale to go with my Skyknight.

Lou

Boomerang

During some random searching I came across the Kalinin K-12 .

The challenge would be the colour scheme .

Have attempted to do the "mottling" on the 163 using a bit of tissue on a bamboo skewer and a cotton bud.

Pretty happy with it.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

The WWII German colour schemes are why have so few of their models in my collection.

Lou

Boomerang

Bit of an update.

Some decals applied. Not happy with fuselage ones. Still need to put colour on to hide the white. Mottling done.

Generator propeller coming along . Still thinking about tailwheel.

I'm going to give this one to my Grandson so I will leave off the pitot and radio mast.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Looks great. I have yet to try any type of mottling effect. That is probably why I have so few German aircraft in my collection,

Lou

Dave T

Looks good. Quite a variety of colors on that one.