• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Tutorial Novice - DH-98 Mossie - WWII ID Model

Started by 1.JaVA_LGorrit, October 03, 2013, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The choice of decals markings is yours. The easiest I found was printing on ordinary paper and gluing. Home made water slide decals take time to master. If you have some plastic kit decals, that would also do the trick. If you have a steady hand painting them is also a good option.

Lou

lastvautour

Jorrit, have you made any progress on your Mossie?

Lou

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Hi Lou,
Sorry for coming back so late.
I have just purchased the different colors in paint for my mossie.
To be honest I am a bit afraid to start painting the model.
I really don't want to mess it up.
I think I will overcome my fear in the course of this week and send some pictures along.

Thank you and hoping all is well on your side.

Jorrit

lastvautour

One of the good things about solid wood models is that if you mess up the paint job a quick sanding and reapplication of paint is always possible without danger to the model. Hope to see some photos soon.

Lou

Balsabasher

You will be fine with any paintwork Jorritt,Lou is right any mistakes can be easily put right,spend a little time with the preparation and primer and the paint will flow on nicely.

Barry.

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Here is the first progress report on the paintjob:

Slowly but surely.
Thanks for the support, guys.
I appreciate it.

lastvautour

Slowly but surely your Mossie is turning out to be a great model. What did you use for the upper wing decals?

Lou

Balsabasher

Looking really good Jorrit,you are tackling the paintwork well.
Barry.

lastvautour

Jorrit, I had a closer look at your photos and notice you marked off the camouflage with pencil lines. An excellent idea that I should use more often.

Lou

Boomerang

Coming along nicely. Well Done !

Gordon

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Thanks for the nice words, guys!

@Lou,
Correct, I mark the camouflage with a pencil and you will never tell once the paint is on there.

Concerning the upper wing decals.. I decide to paint them on.
I am quite happy how it came out.

Hope to do some more work on it soon.
My wife thought it was a good idea to redecorate my daughter's room in our spare time.
I'd rather paint something else than walls :-(

cliff strachan

Gorrit, your roundels are very good  especially considering that you've painted them on. The rest is fine also. Looking forward to the finished product.

Cliff.

buccfan

Your Mossie has turned out great Jorrit, the roundels look good, I always draw the camo lines on with pencil as well. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Jorrit, the camouflage s really bringing out your Mossie. I await further progress reports.

Lou