• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Teaching our passion for creating to the younger generation

Started by Balsabasher, June 12, 2011, 02:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Every weekend I hold a Solid Model Memories aircraft drawing and model carving course for the younger generation at my workshop at Bishops Tachbrook,we have a lot of fun sketching and carving,here you see us busy at work creating our masterpieces,I am attempting to pass on some of our cherished skills and love for our hobby to the youngsters,as they say small acorns but it is a an enthusiastic start,the drawing side works in nicely as we draw the solids observing the shapes.
Barry.

lastvautour

Great work Barry. Too few are willing to break away from the beep beep of computer games and TV to take on the hobby. Congratulations on motivating these students.

Lou

dave_t

Wish I could be there. Putting the Caproni to good use!

Balsabasher

You are so right Lou,many youngsters have never got past the computer paintshop palette stage,here we enjoy fresh air and get our hands dirty with willow charcoal and pastels using traditional drawing techniques,we did look as if we had come up from a coal mine at the end of the day but boy did we enjoy the day !
And Dave you would be more than welcome,we are surrounded with solids,thank you for the encourgement and kind words.
Barry.