• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Schweizer TG-3A

Started by Jim, April 03, 2012, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Finished the training glider and delivered it to the museum last Friday. No. 2 in the series of three for a forthcoming exhibit on Schweizer aircraft. This is the TG-3A, the wood-framed model that superseded the aluminum-framed TG-2, used to train glider pilots diuring WW2. A couple snapshots here. Unfortunately, I didn't realize at the time that my camera's flash wasn't firing, so everything's a bit on the dark side...I tried "tweaking" the shots to take some of the "green" out that comes from the overhead fluorescent light, and wound up with varying colors on the stand! The actual color is closer to the natural wood seen in the middle shot...
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Your TG-3A really turned out well. Excellent work on those long silver wings. What did you use to complete the finish?

Lou

Balsabasher

This just goes to show what attractive subjects gliders make as solids,I like the way you have simulated the stringers and the silver finish is exceptional,a beautiful little model that I am sure the museum will be so proud of to have in their collection.
Barry.

Jim

Quote from: lastvautour on April 03, 2012, 06:30:48 PM
Your TG-3A really turned out well. Excellent work on those long silver wings. What did you use to complete the finish?

Lou

I used Floquil Bright Silver paint, brushed on, and gave it a topcoating of Future floor wax, also applied with a brush.

jim
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Thank you Jim. That really worked out for you.

Lou

Balsabasher

I think that is the best silver fabric finish that I have seen so far.
Barry.