• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Stinson model A

Started by Paul, September 28, 2011, 03:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hi folks, I haven't posted anything in a while, lots of 'life stuff' going on over the past year.  I've decided to start a long term project to build an example of each type of aircraft my grandfather (Paul L. Carpenter) flew during his career (1927-1960).  This will range from Curtiss Jenny to Douglas DC-8.  First to get started is a Stinson model A that my grandfather flew for American Airways.  The B&W photo was taken by my grandfather back in the 1930's.

lastvautour

Great to see you back Paul. I look forward to your comments as you build your beauties.

Lou

cliff strachan

Paul, that looks like the makings of a real neat aircraft model. One, that with the history that you've revealed so far, promises to be a fine example of scratch built Solid Scale as it's intended to be.

Cliff

Balsabasher

Paul what a lovely thing to do,reproducing those particular aircraft types,I wish you well with your carving and long term projects.
Barry.

Paul

Making slow progress on the Stinson:

Balsabasher

Love it Paul,forgot to mention that I have a balsa solid of this particular aircraft,one is finished in black with red trim,looks really smart.
Barry.

lastvautour