• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th - 1/144 Sikorsky CH-148 Cyclone Started 3 May 23 Completed 16 May 23

Started by lastvautour, May 03, 2023, 05:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I have started my latest 1/144 helicopter. The Cyclone is the newest of all RCAF helicopters and is used solely in the naval setting on board our frigates. I was reluctant to try one due to a total lack of accurate drawings and few good online photos. I have since purchased an e-book on the Cyclone. I still lack drawings, but felt better with my new research materiel in hand.

Lou

lastvautour

First coat of primer applied today.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

For the most part, decals are on and curing. Next will be a light coat of future wax followed by masking for the windscreen. I apply the decal side windows first as lining them up after painting is a paint and requires many re-prints, I have some sensitive surface masking tape that works quite well.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 16 May 2023. Quite small for a model, but quite a challenge as no decent drawings were available. Decals are homemade.

Lou

lastvautour

Gearup

The small scale of your helicopters is not evident in the detail you put into them. Beautiful work Lou !!

Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. I picked 1/144 so safe on space and the scale is much more forgiving to errors.

Lou